Moshimonster.com / Unethical marketing practices

My 9 year old is in tears because Moshimonster has made her feel "unimportant and excluded" on their free website. In order to fix this, they require I buy a membership to allow my child into special areas that allow her to achieve special goals. It is revolting to me that any marketing company would prey on children, make them feel bad, then require their parents to buy back their self esteem. This form of marketing is disgraceful. It should be illegal. Why would anyone want to make a child feel excluded and unimportant? The ethics of this company are horrific. Upon reading other reviews, I am (for the first time in my life) going to boycott something; Moshimonster.com and all their products.

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Mo
      1st of Aug, 2012

straight from their website:

Charging For Moshi Monsters
    Kids will always be able to adopt and play the basic version of Moshi Monsters for free. We also offer a membership where Moshi Club Members receive exclusive access to all sorts of cool extras.

WHY cant your daughter play the free version ???

• Ol
      1st of Aug, 2012
    Moshimonster.com - Make children feel bad and count on parents to buy back their self esteem
    Moshimonster.com
    moshimonster.com

My 9 year old is in tears. She feels "excluded and unimportant" because I will not buy her a membership. The marketing department at moshimonster preys on children and relies on parental guilt to sell. I cannot think of a more criminal scheme than to make children feel bad and count on parents to buy back their self esteem! Revolting!