Morgan Properties / roach infestation, rude leasing agent, bullies, scam artist slumlords (king park plaza, hyattsville md)

1 King of Prussia, PA, United States

Kings Park Plaza in Hyattsville MD is hell on earth. If your life ruined by a major company bullying you and taking advantage of you and your family all while you pay your money to be harassed and live with hundreds of roaches.
I have had roaches ruining my life in this apt at Kings Park Plaza, 2600 Queens Chapel Rd Hyattsville Maryland 20782 for over a year now. I have complained that roaches are in my food, in my refrigerator, my child's room, bathroom, living room on the ceiling, everywhere. An exterminator has been treating my apartment since September 9, 2015 until yesterday November 15, 2016. Morgan properties advertised a secured building but the front door is always broken and unlock and the only other shared entrance/exit door has been sealed closed for almost a month now. So if there was to be a fire lots of people would die because its only one exit for a building of 100 units. It is a death trap and fire hazard. When I called the fire marshal about the door the building received a fine and then they asked me and my family to move out if we are not happy here. On October 11, 2016 my family along with my four year old daughter was verbally and physically attacked and assaulted by a janitor that Morgan Property employs at King Park Plaza. I called the police and charges are being brought up on him. We also have two restraining orders against him. The regional manager told both me and my mate that we had to have restraining orders on their employee first before the company could take any action against him. Instead, on Friday November 10, 2016 she came to my door with a Prince George's police officer stating that she was "serving" us with an eviction notice due to the altercation. This is completely insane because all we did that night was arrive home, got out the care with our baby and that's when we were assaulted and I'm the one that called the police. She gave me a month from the day she knocked on my door for my family to vacate. Meanwhile, the perpetrator still lives comfortably in the building. He even has a previous history of assault. My fiancé sustained physical injuries, my daughter is afraid someone is going to get us if we are outside and I now suffer from anxiety, paranoia and depression. My rent was increased from $1695 to $1901, that's a $206 increase to live with roaches, mold, garbage in common areas, to be bullied by a major company, to have the leasing agent tell outsiders your confidential information, defamation of character because I complain about living deplorable conditions. It truly is a nightmare situation. I have continuously asked the leasing office as well as cooperate to supply me with documents showing when the exterminator serviced my apartment over the past year and three months but the refused to provide me with documentation. The regional manager said that we couldn't get the documents because she can't figure out why we want them. Every time we come to them with a complaint or concern their first and only response is break you lease. This is a slumlord business that intimidates and bullies their residents. I have an email contesting my $206 rent increase, pictures of all violations and even the fraudulent documents that their regional manager plagiarized from their lawyer telling me to vacate. The documents are not from a judge. I can't wash clothes because outsides come in because the working door is no longer secured and they sleep in the laundry room. When I bought this to the regional manager's attention (multiple times) she told me that my safety and the safety of my family is not their concern, that the cameras are there to protect the building not residents. Then they hire criminals to work in the building where innocent people sleep. I believe they are trying to keep me out of court, they want me to go away quietly without exposing them and their predatory practices. Help.

Below is a plee for help when they raised my rent just after one year from $1695 to $1901 with no upgrades or even respect for human life. The leasing agent lied and said she sent my email to corporate but no one ever responded and my rent was raised.

Morgan Properties,
I am a resident in Kings Park Plaza and have been for one year now. For the past year I have had my lease agreement and did my due diligence by paying my rent on time every time. Although I enjoy the spacious apartment and resident week, Morgan property company has failed to uphold our leasing agreement. The past almost year that I have resided in apartment 503 my mother and daughter almost died because y'all put me in an apartment in which was not safe for occupancy because the railing on my five story balcony was completely detached. Some of the other issues that I've had since residing here that should not be an issue especially when I pay as much money as I do are the following: my water has been shut off without notice 90% of the time and from my tracking my water has been shut off about 40 days if you combine them. I have mold growing continuously in my master bath in which all y'all do is pay someone to put white paint over it. This has been done five or six times in my bathroom in my daughter's room a huge whole was cut in her wall due to water leaking and it revealed black mold growing behind the walls. Now how is that upholding safety standards and worth $200 more in rent. I have roaches and mice in which I was lied to about having. But once I signed my lease Morgan properties reveals that King Park Plaza is infested with roaches and mice. Also at one point my water was running brown as if I was in Flint Michigan which is extremely disgusting and I have footage of that recorded. Another issue that is really unsettling is the customer service meaning I have had at lease 20 strange individuals in my home that the Kings Park Plaza hired but don't want know what company these people come from, they never wear uniforms or name tags and most of the time they speak no English so I can't communicate with somebody that I'm opening my door for. How am I supposed to identify who I’m opening my door for when Morgan properties hire people that address in plainclothes with no personal or work identification. That is extremely dangerous and Morgan properties is putting my family and I in harms way by operating this way. Is my right as a paying customer to know who is entering my house at all times. Also some of the amenities that I should be receiving every day that I pay to live in this building I can't enjoy although it's part of my package deal. The elevators never work ( even as of today, they have been broken all weekend) and the safety inspection has been expired for over a year, if I am able to wash my clothes if a homeless drug dealer isn't sleeping in there, the washer and dryer's are often broken or steals my money. The elevators and stairwells reeks of urine from the people that are allowed to live here for free in the laundry rooms while people like myself that pay to live here and to use things like the elevator and that's part of my lease agreement in which I take my money for every day and what I should be able to use at any given moment that I'm a resident here. My dishwasher has been broken the entire time I've been here and I was told its nothing yall can do when part of what I get for my money is a dishwasher and I was put in the apartment with a broken dishwasher then up the rent $200 and I can't even get stuff fixed for the amount of money that I'm paying right now on time every month. And to top off my experience here at Kings Park Plaza as a resident that has always paid her bills on time, my third month as a resident my door was vandalize at 5 o'clock in the morning by another resident that was high on PCP. This was caught on camera and Kings Park Plaza allowed him to continue to reside just down the hall from me which led to me being threatened by this individual again months later.
All of this is to say that I pay $1695 but really $1889 because the utilities y'all regulate too, now and Morgan properties has failed me and my dollar. I am not getting what I pay for and the treatment of this place is not worth the money that I pay on time every time in-spite of all of the above, now. So I would just like to petition that my rent not be raised $200 when I don't even properly receive what's in my lease agreement paying what I pay. It has not been a good experience but u tried to make the best of it. I have been a great resident and upheld my end of the agreement and I even participated in all of the resident week activities (which was awesome) but I'm just asking for a little consideration. This seems very unfair and unethical to make someone pay more for something that they are paying for and still not receiving. To pay $2100 total for the roaches and mice invested apartment with mold growing on the walls brown stuff leaking on the walls, a tub that is peeling with a slab of concrete that my toddler has to bath on, a broken dishwasher, a broken balcony, pissy hallways, drug dealers sleeping in the laundry room, broken dangerous elevators and just all around unsafe environment is not right. Where is the concern and respect for the residents here for Kings Park Plaza. Finally, it just seems a little unfair and predatory to take people's money then treat them like they don't matter; to take someone’s money and not provide them with what was promised. If I may ask for a little consideration with this rent increase that's expensive for what I'm getting here at Kings Park Plaza.
Thanks for your time.