Mookie Gifts / Never received product!

1 Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 215-668-7400

Placed order over 2 weeks ago. Never received- they took my cc and CHARGED it though. I have sent multiple emails and no one answers their phone. SCAM!

Comments

Ra
  1st of Jan, 2008

I have had the same experience. Ordered product on Dec 11. Received my confirmation that the order was placed. But never received my order. Emails to Dan were never returned - Dan is their single point of contact for complaints. Phone number was either busy or not accepting calls (recording). Had a friend that was going through Columbia, MO where they are based. Turns out the address is for Mailbox Etc type place. #37 is their POBox. Apparently, once a month someone comes in their looking for them. Not sure if it is a scam or just a poorly run business. If my card gets charged, I suppose will need to report to Amazon and better business bureau.

Ti
  10th of Jan, 2008

Mookie Gifts sent an order confirmation within minutes of the order on December 16, 2007, but no shipment confirmation and no tracking information ever appeared on their website. No response from numerous cordial emails to "Dan" either. I'm beginning to think that Dan stands for "Don't Anticipate Nothing".

Al
  8th of Feb, 2008

I ordered two items from mookies gifts, one on the 17th of December that came too $ 50.41 for Item# 05301 frog doing a handstand from a breed apart. On my credit card it is billed under D & S Giftware and my referecne number is 24607947352206060000029. I do not have my email reciept for this one because it got deleted.

The item I received is a hot air bloon light by travels light. There was no invoice with the package so thats all I know. Sent several messages to "dan" and called NOTHING, did a BBB complaint, they can't get ahold of anyone either, I think a class action suit may get their attention, I ended up paying 30 extra bucks for something I never recieved!!

Ad
  18th of Feb, 2008

THE SAME EXACT SITUATION; PLACED ORDER - NO TRACKING - NO RESPONSE TO EMAILS. I WOULD LIKE MERCHANT RESPOND, PLEASE. VERY POOR BUSINESS PROCEDURES. THIS MERCHANT WILL BE REPORTED IF NO RESPONSE IN 7 DAYS.

Ke
  22nd of Feb, 2008

I as well ordered 2 items from Mookie gifts 3 weeks ago and never received them. Called and emailed company with no response at all. Company will be reported and money better be returned.

Ra
  22nd of Feb, 2008

Same thing happened. placed order, charged my card and no response. its been 3 weeks. phone goes to vmail and no email response. I put a stop on the CC. Someone has to do something about this company. Total scam artists!

Su
  18th of Apr, 2008

Wow, I wish I had seen this before placing an order. The only reason why I saw these complaints was because I started a search on Mookie Gifts looking for a better contact number to reach them. I had ordered something from them and received totally wrong merchandise and emailed them, and have been calling that phone number that just rings and rings. I have a feeling I will not get a response...these people are on crack! Does anyone know how to track these people down or trace their website somewhere? I want to break some guys kneecaps.

Gw
  15th of May, 2008

I placed an order for Mother's Day on May 01 and shipped it to my Mother. I was suposed to have 3 day shipping. No response to e-mails and the phone number is a bogus number. Today is May 15th, no gift for my Mom. I am very angry. I could not be with my Mom on Mother's Day, so I thought I had sent her a giftl
VERY ANGRY CUSTOMER!

Me
  13th of Nov, 2008

I also ordered online, twice. They may never respond to your email, but if you read the website, it says once they receive the product they will send it to you.

They have for me. I noticed about a month after I ordered all of a sudden the charge was on my CC, then about 4 days later I received my order.

I don't think it's a scam. I honestly believe they just work as a mediator between getting the stuff and sending it. It just takes a while and they don't see the need to respond to emails and calls...Who knows? All I know is I received what I ordered.

Good luck on the order!