Monroe Muffler / Brakes / Bad Brake Jobs On Two Of My Cars

1 Mansfield, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 570-662-0920

I took my car in to my local Monro Muffler to have my brakes looked at, new tires put on and an oil change...What I got was no brakes because an idiot named Charlie didn't put my wheel back on correctly AND performance tires put on my Pontiac Vibe! I was genuinely ripped off! I was charged over 700 bucks for my "so called" auto service by Monro. I had to have a roll back come pick up my car from my house. I only lived a few miles away Thank God or I may have lost my life driving my car with the brake problem created by a Monro employee. I am so dumb...when they dropped my car off a few hours later, after fixing it, I felt sorry for Charlie because he just couldn't stop apologizing enough for the wrong he had done to me and my car. I accepted the apology and even though I was told by a few of my friends and family I was nuts for not doing more about the screw up...I decided to take the high road. About 6 months later I took my Mercury down to get the brakes fixed (Yes, I am an IDIOT). I wanted the special they were running in the paper. It was a brake deal for under a hundred bucks. Well, 500 bucks later we had our brake job and it was not done like it should have been. My Mercury has been back four times and once on a roll back. The brake drums have been replaced twice because...Charlie..yeah the same idiot...didn't put the right brake pad adhesive on the brake shoes or some dumb BS excuse! Needless to say I have made a formal complaint and I seriously am thinking of going further with this complaint. Why is Monro still in business? They are such a disgrace and in my opinion they are not knowledgeable enough to run any business. I hope they just plain go out of business.

Ma

Comments

• Le
      20th of Nov, 2008

Monro Muffler's Mistake
    I was in the office waiting for my car to be repaired when the Mercury you drove happened to be in there. I know for a fact that it had to be the car you are speaking of, because once your son had left the manager Ray came out and mentioned a mechanic named Dave messing up your brake job, and stating how this was the umpteenth time Charlie (the one you so enthusiastically called an idiot) had to fix Dave's mistakes. When I go to Monro for car repairs, the only one I trust with my car is Charlie. He's been exceptionally wonderful. It makes sense to have a more knowledgeable person fix the unexperienced mechanics mistakes, so that it is done right. So next time you get your car worked on, maybe you should consider not giving blame to the one fixing the error and find out who actually worked on your vehicle.
    -Oh and by the way - Dave K. is no longer working for the company... for errors such as this.
    Have a nice day! :)

9th of Dec, 2008

Oh! My Bad...I don't want to upset anyone anymore for fear of threatening phone calls and flat tires due to my opinion...I'm so glad we live in a time that anonymity is basically impossible and RESTRICTED phone calls can actually be traced if need be...maybe his name wasn't Charlie...maybe it was Chuck. Have A Nice Day :) PS: Leave my son out of this

• Md
      15th of Jan, 2009

Wishing a chain out of business for the actions of a single employee in a single location makes me question the severity of your circumstance. If you would over react to a business in terms of retribution, then I would assume you over reacted to the initial problem as well. Drama queens are generally not taken seriously. I have had a complete brake job as well as tire mountings at my local Monro center, and the staff have been helpful, courteous, and eminently capable. While I would recommend this particular shop to anyone, that doesn't mean that somewhere else in this great big country some poor soul won't fall victim to the rampant incompetence that is becoming the hallmark of the American service industry. Problems unique to a location should not condemn an entire chain to oblivion. By the way, your response to the comment by Mary seems a tad paranoid. I'm sure that she isn't out to get you any more than the entire Monro corporation is.

• Th
      1st of Apr, 2009

I USED TO WORK FOR MONRO, I HAD TO LEAVE THERE IS TOO MUCH HIGH WAY ROBBERY AND MISTAKES THAT WERE UNACCEPTABLE. I WORK AT TOYOTA AS WELL SO I KNOW THAT THERE IS A GREAT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TECHNICIAN AND A HACK. DONT BE FOOLED BY THE PROMISS OF LOW PRICES. TRUST ME I KNOW I WORKED AROUND PEPBOYS, FIRESTONE, STS THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. THE DEALERS ARE EXPENSIVE BUT THE BEST BET IS TO FIND A INDEPENDANT SHOP THAT YOU CAN TRUST IN. AND THAT IS THE REAL CHALLENGE, UNFORTUNEATLY SOME GOOD TECHS CANT AFFORD TO OPEN UP SHOP. SO THAT HAVE TO WORK FOR SOME OF THE ### THATS OUT THERE.

• Ho
      22nd of Apr, 2009

i agree with the honest one i also worked for monro they are crooks and they will used scar tatics to sell you parts you dont need thats how they operate if you dont they will write you up and then fire you. i left there only after a short time and took my customers and some i met there with me dont trust monro they aren't what they seem.

• Vi
      22nd of Jan, 2012

I just came from Monroe with $800 brake job. Ironic part is, I had my vehicle inspected the day before and it pssed just fine, but my brake line gave out the following day with a hydraulic leak in it...and magically, I needed rotors, pads, and calipers the day after my passed inspection. I don't know much about auto stuff, but I find this very suspicious!