MiWay / bad level of service

South Africa Review updated:

My car was damaged by a truck about 4 months ago and the details of the third party are at hand and police case was opened. I have submitted a claim through my insurance (Miway) and they welcomed it. They sent me to a Panel beater of their choice. The advisor of that panel beater qouted the damage as a repalcement of a part because of the excent of the damage on the panel. The insurance wants the unreparable panel to be repairs and not replaced and now we are on a gridlock because I dont want my car to have body filler on it as this is a new car and I pay insurance and fill that my rights should be served.

Ma

Comments

• Dr
      Jul 05, 2013

I, hereby ask what is the story about my inssurance that i have cancelled at the end of November 2012 . Since Desember 2012 mounth end every month up to now at the end of June 2013, the premium was deducted from my bank account . At the end of May 2013, A B S A, returned the money to my account . The vehicle insured was already sold on 15 -11-2012, but the premium is subtracted from my account . What is the possibility of refunding my money to me . My date of birth 1950-12-02 . My i d 5012025008087 . The vehicle in this case is a Toyota Tazz 2001, with registration number F K W 221 NW . my phone number is 0845833812 . e mail address [protected]@gmail.com . Your sincerely, Dries Venter .

• Dr
      Jul 05, 2013

Refunding money : I, cancelled the policy at the end of November 2012, since end of December 2012, the payment was deducted from my account . At th end of May 2013 A B S A returned my May 2013 month payment to my account . Now at the end of June 2013 the payment is still deducted : Please advise my why, and do let me know what action i can take to get my money refunded, Thank you, dries venter.

• Mo
      Aug 30, 2016

Rejecting my claim and cancel my contract.
    Policy Number: 29040958
    Claim Number: 755944 & 755977
    Correspondence Ref: 345652838

I signed up with Miway as they were cheaper and the service seemed better. Today I regret it. After being burgled in June, I was finally advised in July that my claim had been rejected and my contract cancelled. While waiting to have my claim finalised I had asked more than once, if there was a problem, only to be advised that there was not. However a month after the burglary I was advised that there were fraudulent and dishonest and I should remove this product from the list. I did not. If I did not own it, how can I claim for it? It seems to me that they look for little things to reject your full claim, that to me is fraudulent and dishonest and this is how they score. If there had been a problem from the beginning why did they not state so then? Well, now they have my payments and I am black listed!!! I sit with my cars and my House that is not insured. Please let me know if there is someone that was unhappy with Sean Pay the assessor. I will not be the victim of being called a fraud!! I will tack this to the end. My Clam is +_ R80 000 but it is not about the Money it is about my NAME. If it will cost me R x, I will an can pay it to clear my name.
    Morne Lindeque