Mira Networks / fraudulent games subscriptions

Mira are insisting that I subscribed or someone in my family subscribed on my phone to this games subscription. I did not and nobody ever has my phone except me. If this was true then why can you not supply me with my sms back to mira agreeing to this subscription as proof that I subscribed. All they send me is proof that they sent me the sms's (Of which I presumed junk mails so I did not read them). Over the past 6 months I have repeatedly heard the same line over and over again 'you or you family subscribed'. Mira netowrk staff have been trained well but I know what I did, and it was definately not subscribing as I do not even play games. I have better things to do with my time than waste it on phone games.

I suppose I will have to wait for waspa complaints to sort out but I am not giving up as I am a very patient person when it comes to getting back what someone has stolen from me. Maybe the staff at mira have no idea that the company is involved in fraudelent issues but at the top they know that they are * people's money. Mira, I will not go away...

Comments

• Mi
      13th of Oct, 2010

Good day. A subscription cannot just happen. There needs to be interaction between the phone and a wap page. WASPA will conduct a thorough investigation. The smses mentioned would have been welcome and reminder messages to inform user that he is in a subscription. Please send a complaint to customerservice@miranetworks.net in order to investigate further.

• Br
      30th of Jan, 2011

Mira normally send you unsolicited sms informing you that a friend has some pictures that he wants to share with you.You will obviously be ancious to see what pictures and from which friend.Then you will be asked to type your cellphone number so that you can view those pictures.By typing your cellnumber, thats when you will be binding yourself to a daily subscription.I regard this as fraudlent because in most cases you will only realise that you subscribed to the service after you receive an sms from them, and also after some amounts goes missing from your airtime.I believe that a proper contract must be that which values agreement and meeting of the minds, such that a person will enter into the contract being fully aware of the benefits and the costs involved.Thats the reason why a lot of people will terminate the contract as soon as they realise the existence of the fraudlent contract.There must be consensus ad idem between two persons.In the absence of consensus or meeting of the minds, then there is no contract.And cancellation of the contract will take place normally without a refund of the funds stolen.Thats fraud.Some people especially those with contract lines, will not cancel the contract due to ignorance of the fact that some amounts are being stolen(a proper word to use, thus taking without authority).Thus fraud.