Milestone Mazda — Customer Service
Here is the story: I walked into this Mazda/Subaru Dealership because I wanted a new car. But like everyone else, I had specific budget to meet and certain requirement for my trade in. I was looking for a brand new car and a lease. The salesperson was a former professor of mine in University and said he would get me a great deal. Showed me a deal but I wasn't really too sold on it. I called the next closest and largest city for a couple quotes. I got some really good offers and decided I would do my business elsewhere. The salesperson called me and I told I wasn't interested anymore and there were better deals than his. Then he told me he would match the similar offers just to keep my business in lethbridge. He always told me that it would be ideal for me to buy a car from a local dealership because it would be easier to service. I agreed that I would give him time to hear out his offer. I arrive at the dealership at 4:30 and went over the details of the other offers. He told me that he didn't have any base models but He told me can give me a higher model at $380. I told that is fine and I need some money for my trade so that way, it can guarantee at least 6-8 months of payment without worrrying about it. He said he understood and he would try to work out. The dealership went to test drive my car and it went back and forth on the price. Then he told me the price was $395 because he didn't factored in the Taxes, etc. The only solution they provided was that i sign and they would sell my car for me. Even the owner of the dealership said, "what can we do to close this deal?" I told him exactly what i told the salesperson and he came back and said no. I shooked his hand and walked away with ill feelings toward this dealership and my former professor. If you can't make a deal, don't waste everyone's time.
Things that were signs of bad customer service
1) he did utter a couple swears word (due to frustration, I understand but there is a line between business/personal)
2) he didn't really listen to what my requirements were. I told him if he was able to meet, i would sign the dotted line
3)I told him that if this deal were to cause him any types of difficulties, grief or personal lost, it was best for both parties to walk away.
4) They give another excuse to close the sale rather than help their customer. Instead of buying my car, they would consign it (without taking anymoney from commision!!!) and I would have a new car while it was being sold. hmm, locks me into a contract without and any guarantee that mine could be sold.
What I made me really mad was that they didn't tell me the truth. If the deal couldn't be done, it couldn't be done!!! A little honesty would have come a long way. If they had simply said, "Richard, I am sorry, we can't do it." That was all that needed to be said. Nothing more. How hard is "no?"
More Milestone Mazda Complaints & Reviews
- Seacoast Mazda - Awful experience 
- Mazda BT 50 - never ending problems 
- Steele Mazda - Dartmouth, Nova Scotia - Fraudulent organization
- Ramsey Mazda - Verbally abusive & deceptive in sales! 
- Mazda American Credit - Don't use them 
- Open Road Mazda - Shady Sales 
- Sam Galloway Mazda - Poor customer service 
- Harrelson Mazda - Stay away from Harrelson Mazda! 
- Steele Mazda - Poor Service
- CX-5 Mazda - Ad price not honor