Midland Mortgage / Scam
My daughter got a credit card 5 or 6 years ago with a 500 dollar limit on it and couldn't pay it off after a year. two weeks ago someone from this midland funding with someone they said was a court officer showed up at her house and gave her some court papers that stated that she either paid them 1265.00 NOW or they were authorized to take her jeep. this was for the balance of the card plus a bunch of fees and interest and costs. they told her if they took the jeep which was real old and couldn't sell it right away she would then be charged for storage fees. and if they couldn't sell it for enough to cover the costs that she would be charged for more money or lose more property.
she had 600 dollars on her only because she just got paid and borrowed the rest from the neighbor. and they wrote paid in full on the paper and left. that was her bill money and money to get her kids some clothes and shoes for school. I have never heard of such a thing happening. has anyone else had this happen. and is this a legitmate thing or was this a scam and a way to rip people off. And is there anything we can do about this.
More Midland Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- Midland Mortgage - Fraud and cheating 
- Midland Mortgage - Rip off 
- Midland Mortgage - WILL NOT RELEASE INSURANCE FUNDS FOR REPAIRS 
- Midland Mortgage Company - Fraud and scam 
- Midland Mortgage - Terrible company 
- Midland Mortgage Company - taking money and not using towards principal
- Midland Mortgage - short sale
- Midland Mortgage - Loss draft department
- Midland Mortgage - missing payments 
- Midland Mortgage - makes loan modification impossible