Midland Mortgage / This is crazy

I received a letter saying that Midland funding is going to start garnishing my wages. I did not ever hear of them and I don't know who they are collecting on behalf of. This is crazy I don't know how and were these people got my information. I will be doing a full investigation of this company. They are nuts to think they will get away with this nonsense. I know I have some Credit Card debt that I am trying to resolve it is hard and now they are going to mess me up. I think Credit agencies need to go about business in a different matter this absolutely ridiculous.

Va

Comments

• Vi
      5th of Mar, 2014

I fell behind on my house payments due to layoffs and Medical hardships. I applied for the HARP Program. Prior to being accepted into the HARP program, I received a loan to bring my payments up to date. I called Midland Mortgage to see where I stood with them. The Lady I spoke to told me that could send in the money and that would bring me current. So I sent in the money bringing me current. The next day she said I had already been accepted into the HARP program and that they were holding the money I sent to apply it to the back end, which was supposed to be the late fees due, but there really wasn't any. But to get me in the HARP program I had to be late. I told them that I wanted my money back because they were lying to get a check. They said that they don't send money back and they'll take care of it on the back end. So what happened was they lied to HUD to get a Gov't check for the "supposed" late fees & payments that I was "supposed" to be behind on, even though I really wasn't, held my money for their personal use for 4 months, then applied it when I came off probationary status. When I sent that money in bringing my account current they Should''ve said we can have you apply for the HAMP program due to your recent hardship and the fact that I Was current. I still would've gotten a lower rate. So I started sending Midland a payment and a half a month. I was told that they don't have a system in place to accept half payments, they have to find something to do with that money, so they just apply it somewhere. I just sent in a half-payment of $265 on 20-Feb, with the rest being due on the 1st. They decided to apply my money to a made up inspection fee and put the rest on principal. They then sent a letter saying that they really don't want half payments. I really want to call HUD on them. Midland Mortgage is ridiculous. I am anxiously awaiting my year on HARP so I can refinance away from them. I have heard so many bad things about them. My other option is to try and dip into my retirement to pay them off. Midland Mortgage is very predatory and deceitful. Avoid doing any business with them if you can.