Middletown Nissan / rusting of my 2013 nissan rogue tailgate since 8/19/16
First of all, I just want to tell you how much I LOVE my Nissan Rogue, so much so that my wife bought a 2017 Rogue, and a co-worker via my recommendation bought (2) 2017 Rogues. Now for the upsetting news:
My 2013 Nissan Rogue Vin # JN8A5MVXDW135916 was purchased from Nissan Of Middletown, NY 10958 Phone # 845-374=6565 on 8/22/13 new.
On 8/19/2016 The Rogue was brought into the dealership for rust that I noticed on the rear tailgate . The vehicle was taken in and sent out to Eagle Auto Body of 41 Fulton Street Middletown, NY [protected] for re- painting. I got my Rogue back on 9/8/2016.
I noticed that the tailgate was rusting again in early August 2018 around the tail lights, both sides. I again took the Rogue back to the dealership to show them the rust that appeared. On a Friday, the service manager, I believe it was Wayne Pfeiffer, took pictures of the rusting around the tail lights and stated that the body shop usually warranties their work and that he would call me on Monday with further instructions . I didn't hear from him. I gave it a week and then called the dealership again to find out what the status was pertaining to my Rogues' rusting situation.
I was given the body shops name and address that originally painted the tailgate in 2016 to make an appointment to take the Rogue down to them and have them inspect it. The owner of the body shop, Scott, looked at the tail gate on August 24th and stated that it was a manufactures defect that the tailgate rusts. He called the service manager at Middletown Nissan and asked him what he wanted the body shop owner to do. The service manager told him not to do anything, that the vehicle was out of warranty.
Is this the way Nissan does business? I would hope not. I would hope that Nissan would resolve this situation by re- painting this tailgate on my Rogue and/or correcting the Corrosion situation of tailgates if this indeed is a manufactures defect.
Thank you for your attention to this problem.
152 White House Rd
Sundown, NY 12740
[protected] phone & fax
More Middletown Nissan Complaints & Reviews
- Nissan Murano Transfer Case - problems with transfer case 
- Nissan Motor Acceptance Corportation - car loan customer service 
- Nissan Altima - rear brake problems 
- Nissan Canada - poor customer service 
- Nissan USA - shoddiest customer service I have ever experienced! 
- Nemet Motors - Nissan - lied to when purchased warrantee
- Nissan Motor Company - nissan 2015 pathfinder
- Infiniti firstcapsFix_callbackissan) - rust/corrosion warranty 
- Hooman Nissan - drivers license not returned for a month now
- Nissan - nissan service/sales department