Middletown Nissan / rusting of my 2013 nissan rogue tailgate since 8/19/16

New Hampton, NY, United States Review updated:

First of all, I just want to tell you how much I LOVE my Nissan Rogue, so much so that my wife bought a 2017 Rogue, and a co-worker via my recommendation bought (2) 2017 Rogues. Now for the upsetting news:

My 2013 Nissan Rogue Vin # JN8A5MVXDW135916 was purchased from Nissan Of Middletown, NY 10958 Phone # 845-374=6565 on 8/22/13 new.

On 8/19/2016 The Rogue was brought into the dealership for rust that I noticed on the rear tailgate . The vehicle was taken in and sent out to Eagle Auto Body of 41 Fulton Street Middletown, NY [protected] for re- painting. I got my Rogue back on 9/8/2016.

I noticed that the tailgate was rusting again in early August 2018 around the tail lights, both sides. I again took the Rogue back to the dealership to show them the rust that appeared. On a Friday, the service manager, I believe it was Wayne Pfeiffer, took pictures of the rusting around the tail lights and stated that the body shop usually warranties their work and that he would call me on Monday with further instructions . I didn't hear from him. I gave it a week and then called the dealership again to find out what the status was pertaining to my Rogues' rusting situation.

I was given the body shops name and address that originally painted the tailgate in 2016 to make an appointment to take the Rogue down to them and have them inspect it. The owner of the body shop, Scott, looked at the tail gate on August 24th and stated that it was a manufactures defect that the tailgate rusts. He called the service manager at Middletown Nissan and asked him what he wanted the body shop owner to do. The service manager told him not to do anything, that the vehicle was out of warranty.

Is this the way Nissan does business? I would hope not. I would hope that Nissan would resolve this situation by re- painting this tailgate on my Rogue and/or correcting the Corrosion situation of tailgates if this indeed is a manufactures defect.

Thank you for your attention to this problem.

Paul Hnatiw
152 White House Rd
Sundown, NY 12740
[protected] phone & fax

Pa
Oct 19, 2018

Comments

• Ro
      Oct 28, 2018

As an update, Nissan now tells me that it was an (environmental issue) and that they can't do anything about it. If that was the case, then why did they try to fix the problem in 2016 ? I still maintain that this is a manufactures defect since both rear tail lights are rusting in the same place.
    Very disappointed in Nissan for not doing the right thing.