Midas / horrible customer experience
About 6 weeks ago I took my 1997 Honda Civic EX into Midas because the “Check Engine Light” was on and my car had been having a problem picking up after stopping and getting into the correct gear.
Midas told me the transmission sensor needed replaced and the transmission fluid needed flushed. I asked Midas to make the necessary repairs and paid almost $500.00. It seemed to be running okay, but later that week the same problem started to occur and soon the check engine light came on again. I took the car back to Midas to get it checked again. After two days and my repeated calling, I was told that they could not find the problem and everything with the transmission sensor was fine. They finally said to take it to the Honda dealer as Midas’s machines could not locate the issue.
I went to Roush Honda and was told that the “Transmission sensor” was bad, which was the very part that Midas had told me they had replaced and was running okay. I called Chris Bazell, the manager at Midas, and he told me, very impolitely, that Honda had not done enough testing. He asked me to come back in and he will show the Ohms rating on the transmission sensor. I’m not a mechanic, so seeing the Ohms rating would mean nothing to me. As far as I was concerned, I paid $500 to Midas to have my car fixed, and they did not fix the problem, so I have to pay Honda to get it fixed again. I asked them to pay for my repair work at Honda or reimburse me for the work they did and he very rudely said they cannot. I asked if there was anyone else who I could contact, to which he said he was it.
Midas neither fixed my car, nor reimbursed the money I spent to get it properly fixed at Honda. I truly had a horrible customer experience and will never go to Midas again nor will recommend Midas to another person.
Midas Auto Service Experts
216 Hornbeam Lane,
Lewis Center, OH 43035
More Midas Complaints & Reviews
- Midas - fraudulent billing and gouging 
- Midas - do not want to replace faulty battery
- Midas - messed up my entire break system 
- Midas - worker scam 
- Midas Inc - MIDAS INC. Immigration Consultants – FRAUDS!!!! - Don't let them play with your career 
- Midas International Corporation - brakes
- Midas International Corporation - service
- Midas International Corporation - car totaled when brakes failed after brakes done at midas bothell, wa
- Midas International Corporation - oil change
- Midas International Corporation - heater core replaced