[Resolved] Micro Center / fraud and scam
Bought the computer, PowerSpec V350 on Sept. 22, 2008. Paid additional cost for one-year warranty at $39.99 includes 'Lemon Policy'. The computer was prone to freeze (5-10 times everyday). Finally decided to bring it for repair on Feb. 3, 2009. Got worse, not only with prone freezing, but it refuses to add or delete some info on the computer.
Called a couple of computer experts, not with Micro Center. One of them told me the repair service at Micro Center does not know how to repair, but made it worse. With mt wits'end, I went back and declared the computer as a complete lemon. They refused to replace it even if it is still within a year for one-year warranty. I lost $547.67!
What a rip off. Contacted BBB of Central Ohio and Ohio Attorney General's office recently. Hopefully they would respond and be on my side for this ugly dispute. I would welcome any agency who would want to help me to recover the loss by either a full refund or the replacement and the renewal of warranty.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Micro Center / Micro Electronics Customer Care's Response, Aug 12, 2009
Thank you for the comments and the opportunity to address these concerns. I represent Micro Center and would like to look into your concerns. Please accept my apologies that we were not able to satisfiy you at the store level during your visit(s) Can you please provide me with details of the purchase and attempted return. If you have the reference number from either the original purchase or the repair in Feb. I can begin researching. Any additional information can be sent to me directly at email@example.com
More Micro Center Complaints & Reviews
- Microcenter - beware of microcenter re-stocking fees
- Microcenter - order online pickup service badly broken 
- Micro Center - no service on extended warranty
- Micro Center - this is a scam by microcenter or its refurbishing center 
- Micro Center - this place is a rip off
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - macbook pro
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - imac pro
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - laptop lcd screen replacement
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - micro center employees are holding onto all vega 64 video cards and buying them to resell online 
- [Resolved] Micro Center / Micro Electronics - no proactivity/bad customer service