Mercantile Adjustment Bureau / mercantile adjustment bureau

I have been receiving calls on my CELL PHONE for days and days from an "877" number that I did not recognize. They were leaving automated messages that "Megan" (whom I am not)should return the call regarding an urgent matter. I finally returned the call to an EXTREMELY RUDE man-boy named "Brian" and told him to removed my number of well over 3 years. YES, I have had this cell phone number for 3 1/2 years and they are now calling to ask for someone that hasn't had this numer in her name for well over 3 YEARS!!! Sounds extremely SHADY to me to say the least!!! The rude little man-boy hung up on me...clearly displaying that not only did he not have any professionalism but that he possessed NO telephone etiquette AND YET HE WORKS AS A TELEMARKETER FOR A "COLLECTIONS" COMPANY. IF I WERE HE BOSS, I'D HAVE FIRED HIM ON THE SPOT!!! I would strongly advise to BEWARE of such companies CLAIMING to be debt collectors. A legitimate debt collection company will be more than polite and happy to work out terms for payment because that's how they make money!!! I am reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau and researching how to have Mercantile Adjustment Bureau reviewed!!! BEWARE!!! Furthermore, I called back to hear yet another EXTREMELY SHADY CHARACTER on the other end of the phone. I asked for the company's mailing address and he refused to give it to me and again I was hung up on. PLEASE realize the immaturity of a company like MERCANTILE ADJUSTMENT and seek professional advice from the Lawyer Referral Service in your area. Also, these companies should be reported to the Better Business Bureau if you feel the need. (Even though the BBB is also being scrutinized)

Td

Comments

• Mm
      30th of Apr, 2012

A lady from Mercantile Adjustment Bureau continues to harass me about a debt that I have already made arrangements with Portfolio Recovery agency who has had my account from 2008. These people are trying to bully me into giving them my personal bank and credit card information. It is a scam and do not be bullied into this. Two agencies cannot hold the same account at the same time. They refused to give me their mailing address which is against the law. Watch out for these people.