Menards Minot / rip off

I am a local contractor in an area where there are not to many places to get materials, so Menard's is the closest place. I guess the only complaint I have is that every time I order materials for a job (Menard's) will deliver only half of the materials to the job then try to charge me for another delivery.

Oh wait I have another complaint, I went in to order a roof package and the guy I spoke with told me to special order everything I needed so that it would all come in one package. Then after waiting two weeks I called to see if it was there and they told me yes but not all of it.

So I had to wait another two weeks for the rest of it. Well then it finally showed up, Then they told me it would be delivered the following week well that following week arrived and no materials. I just spoke to them and they said there is nothing they could do other than schedule another delivery for a week later.

So now I have been telling the customer that his roof will be done several different times do to Menard's #%&*-ups. This has happened on three different jobs you would think I would know better by now.

Va

Comments

• Sh
      5th of Oct, 2008

Tim,
    Have you spoke to the store manager about the delivery problem? What did he say the reason was for the delivery delay?

• Ka
      21st of Jun, 2011

We have also seen the great service at Menards/ Minot! They sell inventory that is not in the warehouse, no one knows where anything is and it took, literally, 3mo to get a replacement window that they informed us was in their magic door #22. After travelling nearly 200mi to pick up the window, on an 80 degree day with an infant in a carseat, I had to help search door #22 for a window that could not be found. Spent all of the day trying to sort this problem out, no one acknowledged an extremely irritable baby and even angrier mom. So furious at the passing of the buck, I told them I was leaving with a window...whether it was mine or not. Horrible service... If Lowes or Home Depot should come into the area, Menards would go belly-up! I did leave with a window that was not what we ordered. Hate to have to do business here, but cannot get competition into Minot. BTW, if you order nice Pella windows, cabinetry or custom countertop here, I have seen how these items are handled in the warehouse. If your incredible Pella window leaks the winter after installation or your countertop suddenly fractures do not be surprised. Alternatives are Menards of Bismark or Lowe's and Home Depot in Billings. If you are purchasing expensive products and need more than a tube of calk, the travel will pay for itself over and over.

• Jg
      7th of Aug, 2012

I worked for that Minot for about 3 mo, and I'm appalled. I was in the paint Department that ran fine under the manager that was on when I arrived. But she left (conflict of interest) and it all went to pits. None of the managers care about actually taking care of the customers OR their workers, just about getting that extra buck in the bottom line.
    One particular event I remember was an elderly, disabled lady who came in with a 5 gal of paint on her rolling walker. It was watery, and after re-shaking it (company policy to ensure everything blended properly), it was still watery and took a few coats to even begin to coat a paint-stick. The previous manager said I only had to get manager approval and typically with defected buckets like this one, we'd replace it without a hassle. So I went to get the current department manager and he flat-to-my-face, in front of the customer, said "We've never done that." He then turned to the customer and told her that if they handled all the defects in paint, they would rot out the bottom line. The lady (and myself) was so appalled she left the paint and stormed out, telling customers of what transpired on her way out. It was a few weeks later that I stepped out and proceeded to pelt the manager with complaints everytime I came in as a customer. (We were trying to rebuild our flood-damaged home, and it's the only place to get supplies). Nothing ever changed.
    Seriously, I'm surprised the store hasn't been reported. If you look on google, you'll see under the map 3 images that users selected: A broken lightbulb, a CEO laughing and counting the big bucks, and a CEO using big bucks to light a cigar.