Menards Eden Prairie MN / customer service

United States Review updated:

I ordered 400 retaing wall block &400 cap block on Sat Apr 21st (in store) Iordered another 350 retaining wall block on Sun Apr22 (by phone) Promised delivery date by store for Fri Apr27 between 9a-12p. Menards called on Thur Apr 26th at about 12p and said that they ony had 187 pieces to deliver Fri. Asking why, told "I didn't set up the delivery" when "truck is on the way, maybe Sat or next week" I am now out a days pay from work (I took day off) have to pay 6 men - 8 hrs labor - $800.00. The worst part of the whole thing is that I Never even got an apology or offered any compensation! Needless to say I will never shop at the Eden Prarie, MN "Superstore" again. And I can't wait till people at my work ask me if I ever had any problems with Menards.

Ct

Comments

• Zb
      4th of Jun, 2012

Unfortunately, the Eden Prairie store has upgraded in construction but downgraded itself in customer service. Apology or compensation is a new concept to the current staff at the Eden Prairie store. I would like to add the following from my recent experience of buying the bricks:
    1) You will see 4-5 staff members chatting in the isle but no one will come to you to check if you need any help.
    2) Their inventory in the computer system is totally off. System shows the inventory exists but there isn't. On top of it you will have to face the attitude of the staff who thinks that you are not educated enough to understand them. Still, no apology.
    3) Lack of diversity in employees and hence total disrespect towards diversity.