Menards / my bad experience

I am a disabled person who is in need of an electric cart. When I came into the store, there were no standard carts. The wheel chair cart was too small, and there are no electric carts available. Therefore, I was unable to shop at your store. Store also does not have any seating such as benches or chairs to rest on throughout the store. Spoke with manager and manager said he had requested more carts and electric carts three or four times in the last several years and has not received a response from HQ yet. This shows that Menards does not have any respect for disabled persons has a right to shop and has needs as well. Had to shop at Lowe’s because they have electric carts.

Va

Comments

8th of Jun, 2008

Why would Menard's order more electric carts for someone to use. I am also handicapped and management knows that overall the people who are going to require electric cart s are not going to generate revenue like catering to able body customers. Dollars and cents!!!l. Their big money is in "Building Materials" It's a question of the accountants putting the money where they are going to get the biggest bang for the buck$$$

No need to thank me menard's I'll just have my son push me around in one of your overpriced factory seconds inferior wheel barrels.

P.S. I suggest you install blinking strobe lights on sticks like Kmart use to have when someone wants service. I have to whistle like I'm at a football game when I see one of the clerks out dodging me. If you clerks don't like your job quit or learn to deal with customers instead of walking the other way at 15 miles and hour when you see someone trying to find help.. I know I'm not alone on this complaint!!!

8th of Jun, 2008

You are the excepti0ns not the norms. If every business catered to you they would be out of business. You are not more special than an able bodied person. You have more limitations that is the extent of it. You need to adapt to our world, not the other way around.

• Ni
      20th of Jul, 2008

Bring your own cart. All I ever see on tose carts is FAT people! I would not supply one to you either. Wal-Mart does so shop there where all the fat people shop. Lose some weight and then walk around like everyone else. If you can't even do something as simple as shopping at menards, how can you do any DIY project around your house?

• Lo
      10th of Apr, 2010

People are so rude. I am able to do diy projects and I am able to choose items for others I hire to install. But I can not walk the store several times to find what their employees will not point out. I do not care if Menards have carts or not however since I shop at home depot who has the carts, showing they care about my business.