Meijerdiscrimination

I am complains because every time I am at the meijer on 26 and van dyke they always have the people with disabilities working outside. It is freezing cold and has been nonstop snowing and they have this poor boy shoveling. His face was so red and I always see him outside no matter the weather. I always talk to him and he says he can't complain because he has a job but he is cold. They also have a lady who's face was extremely red with a disability getting the carts in the snow. I just think that I would feel better if I seen different people outside in this weather so I know they were being treated fairly but it's obvious they aren't. It's really sad.

Ka
Dec 14, 2013

Comments

• Fo
      Dec 14, 2013

Does it matter whether or not a person has a disability and has to work outside in the cold? Everybody gets cold when they work outside. The work still has to be done, and if it is like where I live, they don't spend their whole shift outside, getting the carts and shoveling isn't continuous work. You stated a woman's face was red with a disability, I'm wondering what kind of disability that was. Disabled people want jobs and some of them are limited to what they can do. Because of being mentally handicapped they are unable to work as cashiers and if they don't have much of a reading ability they would be unable to stock shelves. There is a solution to help protect the faces, and if their guardians, care givers, case managers were on the ball they could be taught to wrap a scarf around the lower part of the face like they did in the old days, or wear a one of those ski type caps that pulls down over the face, leaving the eyes and mouth exposed. I am the mother of a 45 year old mentally handicapped daughter and I am extremely fussy about the type of job she has, but I don't know what will happen when I am gone. She does have case managers to help her when that happens, but I also know they only do so much.

• Ke
      Dec 14, 2013

" You stated a woman's face was red with a disability, I'm wondering what kind of disability that was"

I think they meant to post, that the disabled lady's face get because of the cold. They just worded it wrong.

"or wear a one of those ski type caps that pulls down over the face, leaving the eyes and mouth exposed. "

Also good for robbing banks and other things you are not supposed to do. :D