McGee pre owned Superstore / Poor Customer Service

1 Pembroke, MA, United States Review updated:

My husband and I just purchased a 2002 VW Jetta from McGee Toyota Used Superstore. He went down on Feburary 6th to look at the car we saw on line. After looking at the car the deal was to fix whatever problem that made the check engine light go on and to put 2 new tires on (They were bald..not what was shown in the picture). My husband then went back to the dealership on that Monday because HE is the one who had to do all of the running around for insurance and registration. We had already put a deposit on the car that Saturday and were told that the car would be ready to go on that Tuesday, which didn't happen, the car was "ready " on that Friday. When my husband went to pick up the car it had a rejection sticker on it, it was not even washed on the outside or detailed on the inside. It also had a few pieces of packing tape holding on the back license plate. There was a crack in the windshield which made it fail. The check engine light was "fixed". During our hour and a half ride home the check engine light went on AGAIN and also made my speedometer not work. We had to go back again this being the THIRD TIME we have made the trip from Webster to Pembroke. We dropped it off on Sunday afternoon 2/14/2010. It is now Wednesday 2/17/2010. We called to say we were picking up the car and the Service department said they just needed to take it down to get a sticker. Again, this is almost a 2 hour ride. The car STILL HAS a REJECTION STICKER ON IT. We had to take the car home today because we do NOT have another car to get us both to work. The car STILL wasn't washed and Still wasn't detailed and smells. We Also found a marijuana pipe under the seat. goes to show they didn't even touch the inside of this car from the time it was traded in to the time they handed it to us.
In telling the GM our disappointment with the whole process he seemed unfazed. He said he would wash the car if we wanted. Yes that was a problem but our point was not that..it was the fact that this all should have been taken care of BEFORE we came to get the car.
Jennifer Strom

Comments

• Us
      18th of Feb, 2010

Hey Jennifer,

Beware of these people. They are expert in creating FALSE Contract and adding Extended Warranty. They are fraud. Not only me, many people have been screwed by these people. Just a personal advice - make sure all the contract papers correct, no extended warranties they have added to your contract. If you do not want to face any trouble in future, our very personal advice is to RETURN your car back to McGee...

• Ho
      12th of Mar, 2010

McGee should be run out of the state, there thousands of complaints of this nature about them on many web sites, just look not hard to find them.

It appears that the state AG office could care less, I just wish that a local TV reporter gets screwed by them as all of us have, then maby the great state will shut this operation down once and for all.

• Su
      26th of May, 2011

Hey Jennifer, I went to McGee to buy a car after looking at their web-site. I finally picked the car I wanted to purchase, when doing the paper work, I was feeling very pressured by the sales manager John and the finance manager(not sure of his name), so I deceided to give them a deposit of $100.00 to hold the car and I was going to think of it over night. While I was in the dealership, I asked the salesman what the bottom line on the car was. This questioin was ignored a few times. When I was finally told the price was $17, 900.00 I was surprised as that seemed high. So I went home to sleep on this dicission and went onto the McGee website only to see the same exact vehicle advertised on their web-site for 13, 088.00 yes that right $3, 812.00 in their favor. Now I know my instints were correct. I called and spoke to the sales manager John again and he told me he was not sure how that happened, but come on down tonight and he will make this right. So I go back down there with no intention of purchasing a car at the dealership, just to see what they would say. They tried to explain to me they never sell the cars for the price that is on the intrenet ??? They also gave me it was like using a coupon and because I did not tell the sales guy I saw the car on the internet, I was not entitled to the internet price. This dealership is a disgrace and should be ashamed of themself. This is a classic bait and switch operation. I would just love to see help me hank on this dealership. Maybe she will be my next call. BEWARE car shoppers, run and run as fast as you can away from these crooks.

• Se
      19th of Jun, 2011

These guys are aboslute ###. I bought a car from them last year with the 100, 000 mile extended warranty. And it turns out the engine in the car I bought is fried. So thinking the warranty would cover this problem, I brought the car back to them. First they said they can't fix it, then they say they can, and they flipped it again and said they can't. When I originally went to purchase the car the internet price was $4, 500 less the price I paid for it. False advertisement? I think so. Also, their sales manager John S**** is a rude son of a gun. He has absolutely no sense of what customer service is. I have worked in retail/customer service for 7 years and I know how to make a happy customer. This place is full of scams and thieves. I would never do business with McGee Pre-Owned Superstore. PLEASE HEED THE ADVICE OF ALL OF US AND NEVER GO TO THIS PLACE. YOU ARE BOUND TO A FRAUDULENT SALE. BAD EXPERIENCE. BAD SERVICE. BAD CARS. BAD BUSINESS.