Mattress1One / Employee Scamming!

1 Ft Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:

My boyfriend was currently laid off from mattress1one for a lack of funds to pay all the managers they hired. When a company just starts out, they should be smart enough not to open 10 stores when they have huge competitors like Mattress Giant. Anyways, besides the lack of any sort of brain from this company's creators, their employee policies are ridiculous. First of all, they just hand company information and such out to managers on the first day. Keys, anything. They don't even know these people! As well, they put managers in a different store everyday. No wonder they can't establish a prominent customer base when a customer sees a different person every day of the week. Then, to make matters worse, one person is in the store from 10-9 everyday. It has been over a month now since my boyfriend has been laid off and no paycheck has been received. I hope one of the Salem brothers sees this and gets their ### together because I'm currently in the process of hiring and attorney to see this through, and you will be charged with the time it took to compensate and the attorney fees. My suggestion? PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES WHAT YOU OWE THEM. If you can't even do that, why would anyone trust you to buy something from you?

Comments

• Bl
      Nov 18, 2011

I worked at the Ft. Lauderdale location from July to November. By all means this company is the worst ever!! This lady is correct, they hand keys to anybody and they come and go never changing the locks. One of these brothers confronted me of 2 missing deposits wich i for sure made and he pointed the finger at me. The cash system was developed by a complete idiot. Everynight i would do my spreadsheets and deposit the cash into a little envelope safe. After the incident with the money i requested the locks to be changed and for there to be an account i can deposit into so i could save the receipts as proof. He did neither and started taking money from my checks $250, $200, and $450. With my obvious reason for ditaste i quit and now the idiot is threatening to press charges on me for money i never took. I was month to month the #1 salesperson in the company and this is how i was treated...just like their customers i was ripped off! They take merchandise from the floor to fulfil orders where customer is expecting new. They charge customers 20% re-stock fee's on merchandise never in stock. Everything about Mattress1one is shady and horrible.