Match.com / unauthorized billings

I was online checking my bank account and found there were two unauthorized charges of $34.99 made to my account- 1/19 today. I did not authorize these charges and when I called Match.com customer service number listed on my bank account, they said they could not help me and I had to send an email to resolutions@support.match.com because they could not see anything on my account. This is very poor service and I am very upset that I could not talk to anyone in person and get this resolved immediately. I have not be an active member for over 2 years.

I have placed a freeze on my bank account and canceled my card which has caused a great deal of inconvenience because now I have to wait 10 business days before I get a new card or have access to my account. I can't report match.com and these charges to my bank until tomorrow because it is a holiday. I have reported this incident to the Better Business Bureau. I am very angry about this. I am very concerned that my bank account and visa card have been compromised.

Me

Comments

• Ed
      12th of May, 2008

Charged for services that I never asked for and never received.

19th of Feb, 2009

OMG! the same thing happened to my mother in law... She was being billed for a whole year by match.com without her knowledge and she just found out today... She asked for my help but I don't know what to do! help!

• Bu
      19th of Aug, 2009

can not sign in to match.com i like to know why not

• Da
      7th of Sep, 2009

hi iam looking for my past records so i can speak to customer service danny 183 email address dlich318@live.com thank you danny

• Ro
      7th of Sep, 2009

To Match.Com: After having been accused of still being married i called and cancelled
    my subscription, the man i talked with agreed to reimbers my credit card with the
    34 dollars i had paid. Now not only have i not been reimberst my 34 dollars my
    credit card has been hit again for another 34 dollars. My user name was roadrunner734
    i would like my money back. THANKS!!

YOURS TRULY: JERRY A FORBES.

• Tw
      13th of Oct, 2009

will not let me log into my email at twisteddemon@talkmatch.com

• 28
      24th of Nov, 2009

Call their customer service, it might be a tech issue, the reps can narow it down for you

• Al
      27th of Nov, 2009

i having difficulties to sign in.please help me.my user name is alotus70 and email address alotus_1970@yahoo.ca

• Ay
      18th of Dec, 2009

Hi i do not understand as i am anable to longing in using my username and passport word it it said that there is a proble with account, and i do not know what to do right now my username is Ghpdt and my email address in gunamayad@yahoo.fr
    please try tofind out what i can do

• Ay
      18th of Dec, 2009

i have diificulties of signing in please help me as my ussename is Ghodet and my email address is gunamayad@yahoo.fr

24th of Mar, 2010

I have problem signing in my user name is marlene_1969 my e-mail adress is marlene-1969@live.com please help me.

24th of Mar, 2010

please do something

• Lo
      16th of May, 2010

I'm very upset cause i finally decided to pay for 3 months now i can't get into match.com to use their services...I want my money back.

• Sw
      25th of Jun, 2010

I had the same problem. I was billed for a whole year when i only wanted it for a try out month. When match debit it for the six months it cause such over drafts in my account. I called my bank and report it as a unauthorize debit. Then i called match to clear the fees but they refuse to refund my bank...
    so its best to use a pre paid card. load it up and they cant keep debit because theres no money..lol!

• My
      18th of Jul, 2010

Hi i don't know what happened to my account on match.com i need your help. Here is my username myheartbids.

• Am
      27th of Jul, 2010

Hey I need help I can't login anymore my username is amylee678 or can u just erase my profile and everything !!! Thanks

• Ga
      10th of Aug, 2010

i try signing into my account but it says that there is a problem with my account and to contact you guys. what do i do? my username is GabrielH09.

• De
      15th of Aug, 2010

Hi all,

I have been unsuccessful at receiving response from Support@match.com support@match.com.au since they had wrongly charged me for a couple of months this year and without my conscent. After numerous attempts at find a solution to this long running dispute I gave up. I then proceeded to chase up the matter with my bank. However, this failed as the banks so called response period for disputes had lapsed...

After this bad experience I will never again involve myself with internet dating sites again...why because sadly so called reviews of match.com had high ratings leaving me with now not trusting any...when a major dating site like this treats their members like this it brings all website dating services into disrepute. I hope others learn from those of us who have been burnt. I have now no hesitation in sharing this bad experience to others. Hopefully, anyone in match.com who have a conscience or those who have the power to do something will...
    For me though I will never again...
    DC