Martha Stewart / 9ft Aspen Mountain Tree / Out of stock!

2733 E 1300th AveAltamont, IL, United States
We bought a Martha Stewart 9ft Aspen Mountain Christmas tree when we got it home there was a strand of lights that wouldn't work. After an hour or so of changing fuses and lights to try and find which one was the bad one we never did get it to work. We took the tree back to the Kmart that we bought it from and as we got to the register they advised us that they were out of that tree and probably would not be getting anymore in. We returned the tree and when I got home we got on the internet to see if I could order it, and I could. However, it is going to cost me $90 to have it shipped. I called family members that lived in other towns and had them check their local Kmart with the same answer no more of that tree in stock, even all the displays were gone. My husband then got on the internet and started looking other places and stores to see if we could find this tree. We found that there were other places that were not charging anything to have a 9ft tree shipped. So, my complaint is, I bought a tree early enough so that I would have one and since I happened to get one that was defected I am now being punished as to not being able to have a tree at all or pay $90 shipping to have the one I want. Is there anyway to get the tree I want at the sale price that it is right now ($149.99) and not have to pay shipping and handling since you state there is no shipping cost on orders over $49. I know the small print states certain exclusions, but it is not my fault I got a tree that didn't work, and all the stores were sold out by the time I could take mine back to have it replaced.

Thank you for your time.

Renee Beccue.