Maple Call Inc / long distance calls

1-5 PO Box 57109 STN A, Toronto ON M5W 5M5, Canada Review updated:

Hello,
I have been for longtime a client of necc telecom. I was using their long distances services. I found out by chance, only a few days ago, that necc telecom has been bough by maple call. I called maple call and asked about their rates and services. They said that the necc telecom rates are kept at the same level. I received yesterday (january 30, 2019) an invoice for 2 months in the amount of $107.13. I have a previous bad experience with necc since they billed me for calls I have never used. I understand that the invoice is for 2 months. However I never paid so much. There are other fees in the amount of $18.16, that I have never paid before. The invoice states that it has to be paid until february 2, 2019 otherwise late charges may apply. I am trying since yesterday to contact them. It seems almost impossible, I am currently the 49th in line every time I am calling them. Right now I am awaiting for 45minutes and I am the customer 1 (from 49 at the beginning). The customer service representative answered me said hello and hang up on me. It looks that is almost impossible to talk to them. I tried to locate them on the internet but I cannot find any site. It looks that it is a phantom company.
I have the account number [protected], and the invoice number [protected] (cannot attached since pdf not accepted as format). I cannot see in their invoice their gst number, usually all the invoices have. I would like to know what my recourse against them is. It looks that I have no other choice then to pay without asking questions, otherwise I will be penalized with late fees. Another question, how I will unsubscribe from them. There is only a po address.
Aida sorescu
Cell:[protected]
Home:[protected]
Email : [protected]@gmail.com

Maple Call Inc

• Haddad's Response, Jan 31, 2019

I have canceled my service with NECC two years ago and I got an invoice from Maple Call. for $8.45. It seems that Maple Call bought NECC. What is this? Is this a spam? How to get rid of this? Are these invoices can affect our credit history if not paid?

Ai
Jan 31, 2019
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Ju
      16th of Feb, 2019

Like the others, we also received a billing from Maple call Inc. on Feb. 15 which has a due date of Feb 14. It included other fees of $14.01 which was never charged by NECC before. We don't know anything about Maple call Inc and we cannot just pay any outstanding dues for services rendered to a company that is unknown to us nor we had any contract at all. Even if Maple call Inc legally took over the business of NECC, there should have been a formal communications to all NECC's customers on the matter. How can we validate that Maple call Inc is really the legal successor of NECC without any proof or any communications regarding the business transition from NECC to Maple Call Inc? Maple call Inc is not even listed in the Better Business Bureau registry in Toronto. It is not listed as a registered payee in our Bank account which we normally use to pay our bills.

• Er
      15th of Feb, 2019

I have received an invoice with total amount due 13.15$ I didnt make any calls.I call coustomer service so many times and they hang up on me before i get to speack with anyone!! I used to be with NECC, what can i do, any info please !!

• Bl
      15th of Feb, 2019

I was with BlueTone and called them two days ago. They reduced my bill for $8, and gave me instructions how to pay my bill online. It's basically same company with the same, just different name.

• Lo
      13th of Feb, 2019

People, do pay these scammers. It'll be expensive for them to use the credit bureau to hunt hundreds of people. This is fraud. Report them to the The Canadian Anti- Fraud Centre and police.

• Ha
      12th of Feb, 2019
    Maple Call Inc - International Calling Service
    Toronto, ON
    Canada

11th of Feb, 2019

I am having the same problem, I received an invoice and cant contact Maple Call, The email they posted doesn't exist [protected]@maplecall, Looks [censored] it is a scan, Cant contact NECC and cant Make long distance call using the speed dial number they provided us, they are charging me $ 9.34 fee, on the invoice says not to pay and that it will be automatically processed 5 days before the due date, , they didnt processed the payment and are charging this fee. does anyone knows what is going on .I think we should complain to small business bureal .

• So
      11th of Feb, 2019
    Maple Call - Uncrear payment request
    Canada

Hello,

I have received an invoice #89020328 for $9.25 with due day to pay Feb 02/19. In remittance section of the invoice said DO NOT PAY??? What does it mean???

I would like to cancel any services with Maple Call Inc. as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mariya

• Ni
      10th of Feb, 2019

I got the same issue. I was with Bluetone and just got a vm few days ago saying that from now on I'll be with Maple Telecom. Today, 2/10 got an invoice of $107.35 for the calls I made in December and January. The funny thing is I had a deal of $10/month for 1000 minutes which it looks like it doesn't apply here. So basically I should pay about $30 for 2 months not $107.35. It seems they took over the clients only and any their previous balances, not the deals they had with the previous carrier.
    I just read the other posts above and it looks like they don't know what their doing and I'll try to get a hold of them and cancel. Hope I'm patient during this process. Lol

7th of Feb, 2019

Same thing as you all, will report them and try to cancel my account. Not gonna pay anything.

• Ca
      8th of Feb, 2019

@Sani A. Hello, I was able to contact them via email [protected]@maplecall.com ( see maplecall.com site) . I got a response within 24h and the issue I had with the Invoice was resolved.

• Di
      6th of Feb, 2019

Call their contact numbers is impossible. Either you get disconnected due to high call volumes or as today proved their number does not work. I found their website and emailed them directly. I requested they cancel the invoice and terminate the service. I received a reply within 30 minutes. They advised that they would forward my cancellation request to the proper department and that they would contact me shortly for verification purposes. I suggest everyone do the same. I am not sure if I will be contacted or if they will do right thing. This remains to be seen. Will update with my experience.

• To
      5th of Feb, 2019

Just like all of you I received unexpected bill from Maple Call (with all kinds of fees that I didn't have with NECC).
    Firstly, I contacted Maple via chat on their web site. It was useless exercise - they refused to waive any of the fees or to cancel my account (this can be done over phone only).
    After multiple attempts to reach customer support via phone I finally spoke to their representative who canceled some of the fees. Also I asked them to confirm that they wouldn't charge any late payment fee. Finally, I requested to cancel my account, which they did. I hope this helps.

• Kr
      4th of Feb, 2019

I have the same issues as all the previous complaints. However, I just received my bill today, February 4th and apparently it was due on the 2nd, so I am assuming they will quickly apply late payment charges. My NECC invoice was always automatically charged to my credit card. I am hoping the credit card company will not accept their charges as they are under a different name. I will be contacting my C/C company to make sure and contest the charges.

• Ot
      16th of Feb, 2019

@KrystalMaya Telecom Commission Letter Addressed to Maple Communications Group Inc.
    Ottawa, 5 March 2018

Our Reference: 1011-NOC2017-0033 and 4754-582

DELIVERED BY EMAIL

Mr. Devin Currie
    Chief Executive Officer
    Maple Communications Group Inc.
    118‐14088 Riverport Way
    Richmond, BC V6W 0A7

RE: Application for costs award by Maple Communications Group Inc. with respect to its participation in Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2017-33 Review of the [protected] framework for text-based message relay services.

Dear Mr. Currie:

On 8 January 2018, Maple Communications Group Inc. (Maple) filed an application for final costs with respect to its participation in Telecom Notice of Consultation CRTC 2017-33, Review of the [protected] framework for text-based message relay services (the proceeding).

On 12 January 2018, Telus Communications Inc. (TCI) filed an answer in response to Maple’s costs application. By letter dated 21 January 2018, Maple filed a reply to TCI’s answer.

The purpose of this letter is to notify other parties as well as to request additional information relating to Maple’s costs application. Commission staff therefore requests Maple to provide the following information:

Service on Other Parties Pursuant to section 66(3) of the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure (the Rules of Procedure), a costs applicant must serve the application on all other parties. It appears that your application may not have been served. By way of the present letter, therefore, all parties to the proceeding are provided with notice of the claim for costs, which is posted on the Commission’s website under the “Costs” link associated with the above-noted file number.
    Pursuant to section 67 of the Rules of Procedure, potential costs respondents have ten days from the date the application is filed to file an answer to the application. In order to give potential costs respondents a fair opportunity to respond to the application and the additional information you will provide, the period for filing a response is extended until 26 March 2018(10 days). Maple may reply to any comments no later than 5 April 2018 (10 days). All filings are to be copied on all persons copied with this letter.

Criteria for an Award of Final Costs
    As mentioned in Commission staff letter addressed to Maple on 13 December 2017, the Commission exceptionally grants costs awards to for-profit organizations and the threshold to meet the award of final costs criteria is high.

Pursuant to section 68 of the Rules of Procedure, the Commission determines whether to award final costs on the basis of the following criteria:

whether the applicant had, or was the representative of a group or a class of subscribers that had, an interest in the outcome of the proceeding;
    the extent to which the applicant assisted the Commission in developing a better understanding of the matters that were considered; and
    whether the applicant participated in the proceeding in a responsible way.

Accordingly, please provide detailed submissions as to how the applicant meets each one of the three criteria for an award of costs.

Particularly in reference to section 68(a) of the Rules of Procedure, in its letter dated 21 January 2018, Maple submitted that it is “a Deaf-owned-and-operated company that interacts with the Deaf community on a grassroots level” and that it “was established by the Deaf community, for the Deaf community, and remains fully invested in the Deaf and Hard-of-hearing community’s interests.” Commission staff requests that Maple provides detailed examples and evidence to support these claims as well as an explanation of how these claims demonstrate that Maple had, or was the representative of a group or a class of subscribers that had, an interest in the outcome of the proceeding.

In making submissions in relation to Rule 68(a), Commission staff requests that Maple clearly and specifically describe the group it purports to represent and how it determined that the position put forward in the proceeding reflected the interests of that group or class of subscribers, consistent with the guidance issued by the Commission in Telecom Information Bulletin 2016-188, Guidance for costs award applicants regarding representation of a group or a class of subscribers.

In reference to section 68(b) of the Rules of Procedure, in its letter dated 21 January 2018, Maple submitted that its “assessments and considerations have added value to CRTC’s proceedings.” Commission staff requests that Maple provides detailed examples to support this claim.

Appropriate Costs Respondent(s)
    Pursuant to section 66(1)(b) of the Rules of Procedure, applicants must identify the respondents that should pay the costs. Commission staff requests that Maple make submissions on the appropriate costs respondent(s).

Cost’s Form III
    As part of the application filed, Maple filed one Form III, for Devin Currie in his role as in-house consultant. Commission staff notes that the total time claimed in Form III states 4.5 days, however, the addition of all the time claimed results in 6 days, which corresponds with the total amount claimed at the daily rate of $470 ($2, 820 in total). Please clarify the total number of days claimed.

Form IV and Exhibit A
    Maple is claiming a disbursement as part of its costs application (a third-party expense billed to Maple). According to the Guidelines for the Assessment of Costs (the Guidelines), as set out in Telecom Regulatory Policy 2010-963, the applicant must file a notarized affidavit of disbursements in Form IV, including a summary statement of disbursements as Exhibit A.

Although Maple filed one Exhibit A as part of its application, this document includes the in-house consultant fees for Devin Currie – which is not a disbursement but a fee (the appropriate form for consultant fees is Form III). Commission staff requests that Maple provides a revised Exhibit A, which should only include the disbursement.

Cost’s Form V
    According to the Guidelines, an applicant shall file a summary of the total fees and disbursements claimed as prescribed in Form V. Commission staff requests that Maple provide a completed Form V.

Filing Information with the Commission

The information requested above is to be filed with the Commission by 15 March 2018 (10 days).

A copy of this letter and all related correspondence will be added to the public record of the proceeding.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at (819) 639-4716 or [protected]@crtc.gc.ca.

Yours Sincerely,

Canadian National Institute for the Blind [protected]@cnib.ca
    Canadian National Society of the Deaf-Blind [protected]@gmail.com
    Chris Newman [protected]@gmail.com
    Cogeco [protected]@cogeco.com
    Conseil provincial du secteur des communications (CPSC) du Syndicat canadien de la fonction publique (SCFP) [protected]@scfp.ca
    Deaf Wireless Canada Consultative Committee [protected]@deafwireless.ca
    Freedom Mobile Inc. [protected]@windmobile.ca
    Media Access Canada [protected]@tibbs.ca
    MTS Inc. [protected]@mts.ca
    Northwestel Inc. [protected][email protected]
    Rogers Communications Inc. [protected][email protected]; [protected]@rci.rogers.com
    Saskatchewan Telecommunications [protected]@sasktel.com
    Shaw Telecom Inc. [protected]@sjrb.ca
    TBayTel [protected]@tbaytel.com
    Télébec Limited Partnership [protected]@telebec.com
    TELUS Communications Company [protected][email protected]
    Vidéotron [protected]@quebecor.com

• In
      4th of Feb, 2019

Hi, I was in the same situation as everyone else. I received the bill Jan 31 to be paid by Feb 2nd with the charges and fees total around 10$.
    I called Maple call on the # 1 647-490-67-40, I was 19-th on hold and was waitig around 40 min. The guy named Philip ID # 40686, after all my questions and complains he removed all fees and charges and canceled my account. I hope it's the end of this bad experience and good lack for everyone.

• Rm
      4th of Feb, 2019

A Non Authorized Use Of Personal and Confidential Information.
    I have the same problem. I was with NECC TELECOM but suddenly today, I received an Invoice for 44.64 (28.67 for services and 13.85 other fees???). Tried to get hold of their customer service but they have a message stating that they have large number of calls and they hang up). I have decided not to pay them until I can get hold of any of their representatives. I will contact either business bureau or Canada fraud department.

• Va
      4th of Feb, 2019

The same case happened to me as well .. be aware of this!

4th of Feb, 2019

I have same situation. I used to be a NECC customer and without any notice I got today bill (due Feb 2nd, 2019). Although I didn't make any calls they charged me $7.98. International Discount Fee $4.99, Operational Charge $2.99 and HST $1.04. NECC never charged service or operational fees and their web site doesn't work and phone says they are out of business.
    I can't find anything about Maple Call Inc. on internet.

Every time I try to call the number on the bill 1-877-974-7494 it says your call cannot be completed as dialed.

4th of Feb, 2019

I had the same issue as you all, however I managed to solve my issues with Roxanne on live chat. She was very helpful and polite, and removed the extra fees from the invoice.
    I'll have to see how the next bill will look like.

• Mi
      4th of Feb, 2019

Mapple Call does not have a BITS licence with CRTC. This situation happened again back in 2014 when we were NECC customers, but the other company was Pulse. I encourage affected customers to conract the police, since fraudulent use and financial lost already occured, contact TransUnion and Equifax, contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Center as well as CRTC to jnform them of the situation.

• Gi
      4th of Feb, 2019

Same for me, I received a bill from Maple Call Inc when I was previously using NECC. I tried to log in with NECC and the site is not found. I have no explanation of what happened to NECC and this new company never emailed me advising they were taking over. Now I have other charges and surcharges that I don't know where it's coming from.

• Ne
      4th of Feb, 2019

Hi, I'm in the same situation. Got an invoice from MapleCall with extra charges that I did not agree upon with Necc Telecom. I have been calling MapleCall and calls are disconnecting after waiting on line forever. By all these complaints it seems Necc/MapleCall didn't inform their customers of any changes to their account(s), transferred personal information and billed new charges without consent. I also had credit with Necc, strange enough it's the same amount due as the invoice that MapleCall sent me. WE ALL SHOULD NOT PAY!!!