Malaysia Airlines / flight retimed

Malaysia Review updated:

I have booked my flight from Kuala Lumpur to Perth with the original flight time as follows:
KUL PER 930AM 300PM
PER KUL 430PM 1000PM
I made my booking in Jun 2016 for traveling in Jan 2017.
Recently, I have received an email from MAS informing me of my flight retimed and the new flight time is as follow
KUL PER 1945PM 0120AM+1
PER KUL 0225AM 0755AM

I rang up MAS to tell them how unhappy I was with their decision to retime my flight. In addition, I am traveling with young kids and the new traveling time is really putting a lot of stress on my young travelers. I told MAS why I choose to fly MAS instead of their competitor is because I like their flight time! But now the new flight time is even worst compared to their competitor.

I was then told to send an email to gccc.[protected]@malaysiaairlines.com to voice out my concern. I received a reply email with the following information :

"For your information, at any time after the booking has been made Malaysia Airlines may change the schedules and/or cancel/terminate/divert/postpones/reschedule or delay any flight where Malaysia Airlines reasonable consider this to be justified by the circumstances beyond Malaysia Airlines control or for reason of safety or commercial reasons. In the event of such flight cancellation or retimed by Malaysia Airlines, we will carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available without any additional charges subject to fare brands and seat availability.
However, our management have come out with few options below:

i.ONE FREE CHANGE ALLOWED TO DEFER TRAVEL DATE UP TO ONE (1)
MONTH LATER FROM ORIGINAL DATE OF TRAVEL WITH PENALTY FEE
WAIVED SUBJECT TO SEAT AVAILABILITY ON SAME RBD.

ii. REFUNDS -NOT PERMITTED BUT MH ALLOWS TICKET TO BE CONVERTED
INTO MCO (voucher) FOR FURTHER TRANSPORTATION, ONLY WITH VALIDITY
PERIOD OF SIX(6) MONTHS FROM MCO DATE OF ISSUE. "

Do I have any better options other than i or ii?

I just want my kids to enjoy themselves in this long plan family vacation.

I seriously hope MAS can re-consider their decision and bring back the original flight plan. Please think about your customers before you made any major decisions that will affect your customers traveling plan. Please always have your customers at heart.

Ca
Oct 30, 2016

Comments

• Li
      5th of Jun, 2017

Dear Sir,
    Since my flight MH3695 leaving at 3:45 pm on 11 June, 18 June and 25 June from Sibu to Kuching was retimed to 8:45 pm, I cannot fly because my meeting in Kuching is at 6:00 pm, please refund all the tickets for me.
    My tickets numbers 2322443700861, 2322443699992, 2322443699993 and 2322443700077
    Thanks.