Malaysia Airlines / case no: [protected] - feeling cheated as unable to amend passenger name

To The Top Management,

Refer to the above matters, hereby to inform that recently I just booked a flight ticket for a trip to Kota Kinabalu with my families under booking reference number: LV6MYW on 2nd June 2018. Due to typo error for the passenger name under Ticket number: 232 [protected], I direct call to your customer service @ +[protected] on the same day to request for assist on amendment. What (he) advice me is to write-in an email to: gccc. [protected]@malaysiaairlines.com, attached with a copy of passport for them to proceed with the amendment on the passenger name (My Case no: [protected]). Meanwhile, I checked from your website, its shown Name correction is allowed after ticket issuance with a name correction fee of MYR150.
Few days later, I received a reply from email which be informed that since there is a code-share flight in the booking, they are unable to update the name in the same reservation & they request me to contact your 24 hour Call Centre to re-book the flights with the correct names and the Name Correction fee plus any fare difference will be collected. When I called in, your customer service (Miss Lola) informed me that I should make a new booking with no refund will be given for my current booking. I feel very disappointed/cheated on this service, I hope your site will look into this matters & revert back to me ASAP. Thanks.

Le
Jun 05, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      Jun 07, 2018

Happened to me. Worst, I had to buy a new round trip ticket kuala lumpur - tokyo, rm3, 633. While Kuala Lumpur MAS dont allow me to board their plane as the name was mispelled. Ironically, Tokyo MAS had no problem to allow us to board the plane from tokyo to kuala lumpur.
    The initial complaint lodged on 27/4 was only replied 3 weeks late while I immediately responded to their reply.
    Till date, MAS has yet to respond to my email, nor call me for a face to face discussion on their error and their responsibility to refund me my RM3, 633

Shariman [protected]