Mail.com / they will not cancel my account

CA, United States Review updated:

Mail.com is the worst company I have ever used!!! Their customer servcie is horrible!!! They will not cancel my service, after my email account from them was hacked!!! I have not been able to log-in for almost 3 months and even after being told they canceled my account, they now say they cannot until I provide the same information I have provided over and over. The information they are requesting is even in the emails attached to the current correspondence they send back to me!!!
DO NOT EVER USE THIS SERVICE AND PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU MAY KNOW!!!

Comments

• Mi
      29th of Apr, 2012

I have very similar experience, they will not cancel my account despite 15 months of asking them to terminate. They just keep asking for money!

29th of Apr, 2012

absolutely agree

• Te
      10th of Jul, 2012

I have tried for over 4 years to cancel my premium account. I found out who ownes the Mail.com domain and am going to write the attorney general in both states that he has physical addresses in. This will probable start an investigation and perhaps they will either change the way they do business or will be shut down..

10th of Jul, 2012

Update: They eventually agreed not to pursue me for money, apologised and told me my account would be downgraded to free within a few days. However, two months later the account is still unavailable to me since the logon screen takes me to a screen which still asks for money!