[Resolved] Magzter / non-informing of auto debit

1 India Review updated:

While subscribing to Gold Subscription, it was not informed that the amount will be auto-debited for the magazine gold subscription in the following months too. It should be clearly mentioned when we subscribe for the first time. Also, If we cancel after 1st date of the month, money will not be refunded for that month Gold subscription. I found on my bank statement and found that they are auto-debiting. It should be clearly informed to the Customer..

• Resolution statement

• Magzter Customer Care's Response, Mar 18, 2016

Hi Naveen Kumar,
    We would like to inform you that the Magzter Gold Free Trial is available only once per iTunes account.
    We checked our records and see that you have activated the free trial previously using another email address. So, our system instantly charged your account for a Magzter Gold one month subscription.
    We would like to inform you that our help desk has offered you store credit as a token of gesture.
    If you have any queries related to this, please contact us and we will assist you with your queries.

• Magzter Customer Care's Response, Oct 20, 2016

Hi,

We understand that you are not satisfied with the response provided by our support desk.

We would like to inform you that all subscriptions purchased through Magzter are renewed automatically by our system unless cancelled.

We have also mentioned it clearly in the checkout page that you can cancel the auto renewal of any of your subscriptions at any time.

We request you to send an email to our helpdesk at help@magzter.com and our support team will definitely assist you with a better resolution for this issue.

• Magzter Customer Care's Response, Jun 20, 2017

Hi Hardi,

We understand that you wish to know about the status of your subscription renewal via Magzter.

We would like to inform you that the support team has responded to your previous query.

We kindly request you to send an email to our helpdesk at help@magzter.com and our support team will definitely assist you further with a better resolution.

• Magzter Customer Care's Response, Jul 24, 2017

Hi Tolgacan,

We understand that you are not happy with the auto renewal of your subscription.

We would like to inform you that all subscriptions purchased through Magzter will be renewed automatically unless cancelled which will be mentioned at the payment page.

• brianf1010's Response, Sep 23, 2017

It is impossible to get any help from Magzter. No e mail address and no help phone number.

• Narsinghva Watwe's Response, Sep 10, 2018

Reader's Digest India is not getting downloaded on my Ipad.

will someone resolve the issue?

Thanx.

Hr
Jul 28, 2015

Comments

• Sw
      29th of Jul, 2015

I am also a Magzter Gold subscriber. It tells you about auto renewal clearly.

29th of Jul, 2015

It's very clearly mentioned!

• Na
      15th of Mar, 2016

They charged me rs 370 /- for FREE gold subscription.

Customer executive said they found that amount deducted for free trial but cannot refund.
    No refund option available even for wrong deductions.

Only store credit is available and can't renew subscription with store credit.

It's a scam.
    False advertisement as
    1) "FREE 30 day trial"
    2) deduct amount
    3) trap into store credit.

Please look into this. PFA eMail screenshots.

• M3
      19th of Oct, 2016

Hi Team Magzter,
    I am another victim of your 'auto renewal' scam. When I subscribed for a magazine I don't remember seeing any checkbox for auto renewal.
    Also there is no online way to stop it. And to top it all, when I wrote to your helpdesk, I got this response - "We would like to inform you that all purchases made through Magzter are auto renewable unless it is cancelled. Please visit this link – http://www.magzter.com/terms-and-conditions and refer to point number 14 to view this information on our terms and conditions page."
    This clearly shows that the 'auto renewal' clause is well hidden.
    I didn't receive any refund for my auto renewal that I never explicitly asked for. But I do hope this post helps others to go and check their statements and verify all changes from magzter.

• Pe
      1st of Dec, 2016

I've also had trouble with magzter. I signed up for a yearly subscription for a magazine and I expected the subscription to end on the expiry date as shown on their site. However they auto-charged me for another year. No where in my account page on their site did it say that I was set up for auto-renewal. Also no where did it say I could stop an auto-renewal. Then once I emailed them by finding their email by googling(it wasn't anywhere obvious either) they told me I could not have a refund due to their policy. Magzter have unfairly scammed me for my money. Let this be a warning to everyone to not trust this company.

1st of Dec, 2016

@pellet Hi Pellet,

We would like to inform you that all subscriptions purchased through Magzter are renewed automatically by our system, unless cancelled.

We have also mentioned it clearly in the checkout page that you can cancel the auto renewal of your subscriptions at any time.

• Il
      2nd of Dec, 2016

Hi I'm yet another victim of this Scam Magzine company, Initially when I signed for yearly Magzter Gold for 999/- I remember I had clearly disabled auto sign feature, now after an year, they say that they don't have any records on their end that I had disabled auto renew, This is clearly a scam.

@Illyas Hi Ilyas,

Our support team has contacted you via email and provided an alternate resolution on DEC 3RD, 2016.

Please check your email inbox and write to our support desk at help@magzter.com.

• Na
      5th of Dec, 2016

I have also paid Rs 4000 as yearly premium for Magzter Gold on 06 Nov 2016. After 10 days they deducted Rs 400 automatically and showing offer validity till 16 Dec 2016. the yearly subscription is not now. I search its telephone no in india but not mnetioned anywhere. If U could find please also tell me mukee2008@gmail.com

@Narendra630 Hi Narendra,

We understand that you are having issues with your Magzter account.

Our support team has responded to your query and you will now be able to view the Magzter Gold magazines till 2017-12-12.

Please login using your Magzter ID to access your Magzter Gold subscription.

Please feel free write to us at help@magzter.com if you have any other questions.

• Vi
      1st of May, 2017

Its true that magzter is cheating by auto debititing the subscription amount and
    A) Neither informing through email
    B) nor at the time of subscription
    C) There is no option to stop auto subscription in app and web application

3rd of May, 2017

@VIVEK KUMAR Ratley Hi Vivek,

We understand that you are not happy with the auto renewal policy of Magzter.

In order to cancel the auto renewal of your subscription, you can always visit the HELP section in our website or through the Magzter app which will be available under the Account section.

• Ha
      20th of Jun, 2017

will the sum of money be transferred back to my account after i have cancelled the auto renewal of the subscribed magazine.
    revert as soon as possible.

• To
      24th of Jul, 2017

this site is completely fraud.I clearly remember that i had disabled auto renewal feature when i signed up.
    this month without my knowledge and without any indication they charged me 79.99$
    this is not fair. there is no e mail sent for reminder of renewal. and even you didnt send me any mail after you charge.
    I want you to refund my money.

16th of Aug, 2017

Hello Everyone,
    Since last 2-3 months I am getting email like "Unlimited Access to Magazines in 999/-" for a year from Magzter.
    Is it True or some-sort of catch? Because their website state something else. 399/- per month.
    If anyone has experienced please share.
    Thanks.

17th of Aug, 2017

@Jaimin Jani Hi Jaimin,

We understand that you wish to know about the available offers for the Magzter Gold subscription.

We would like to inform you that the offer is currently available to select users and it can be redeemed only via the link within the promotional email.

We request you to click on the provided link within the email to redeem this exclusive Magzter Gold offer.

Great to see that you are looking to go digital with your magazine reading and ‘go-green’, it will help save a lot of trees!

15th of Aug, 2018
    Magzter - I tried to cancel a few days ago and there was no record of me
    Dayton
    Ohio

I tried to cancel my 30 day free subscription a few days ago, and I was told there was no record I had activated it. I looked, and sure enough I hadn't. Thought I was done. I am now getting a charge for Magzter Gold that I never signed up for? Please take the 9.99 off my bill and cancel me.

• Vi
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Magzter - Inside outside subscription
    Bhiwani

Dear sir
    This is vikram arya. I took a yearly subscription and paid 550/- for Inside outside but i am not abke to open and download the issues. Plz help and revert
    @aryavikram7@gmail.com

16th of Aug, 2018
    Magzter - modern mini magazine
    maguiresbridge
    United Kingdom

i ordered modern mini magazine may/june edition in mid may but to date have not received it yet, joe mc carron 95 curryann road maguiresbridge co fermanagh nireland, ghe payment has beed deducted from my account but magazine has not been received. i trust this is just an oversight and can be resolved

• Ra
    Magzter - gold subscription
    South Africa

I have bought the gold subscription and started reading the Weg Ry/Sleep magazine and now I have to subscribe and buy each issue. Why does it change once I pay for one option in order to get the magazine and now I must pay more to get the same magazine?

Magzter - subscription

Hi,
    I have purchased monthly subscription for 399 but it has auto clicked on auto renewal of subscription on monthly basis. Whereas I don't want to get auto renewal of subscription.
    Need help in removal of auto renewal.

• Pa
    Magzter - doble pago

Me he dado cuenta que ustedes me están cobrando doble mi suscripción mi correo es aprg60@gmail.com pueden ustedes checar y por favor devuelvan mi pago doble a mi cuenta GRACIAS pago con la aplicación Google play y el día de hoy me he dado CUE te que me cobran doble

• Di
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Magzter - somebody used my bank account and paid you for your magazine

Today somebody used 399 rs from my bank account and paid for your magazine. This happened without my permission. I don't know who had done it. Please tell me who has stolen
    I m giving you details for it
    Timing 8:23 by debit card OTHPG 811263240597 GOOGLE * magzter inc 855-836-39
    Please tell me which account has used my bank account

• Su
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Magzter - magzter magzine

Dear sir,

I subscribe magzter gold magzine and i receive cash back but my cash back still pending please approve my cash back as soon as possible

Thanking You

Regards' Surendra Maurya

• Pr
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Magzter - india today hindi
    sitapur
    India

I purchase india today Hindi subscription for a year on the cost of 519 INR through my magzter id -gameat619@gmail.com and after sometime my app deleted and when i again open magzter with my ID I didnot found my subscription and it shows that u dont Have subscribe any pack