Magzterhow do I cancel auto renewal option

V

I have created a account with magzter, it is said after free trail you will be charged as per rates and further you can cancel auto renewal option at any time before that but there is no option for cancellation of gold subscription in the account settings.

I have even mailed the customer care, but there is no response. Why the hell you have mentioned so if you are not properly providing the services.

Moreover it is linked to harmful sites if I clicking it is opening one or two harmful sites I am getting alert from my windows defender .

I want to delete all my accounts associated with magzter. Please respond here otherwise I will raise a campaign on twitter tagging magzter as fraudest webiste

RESOLVED

• Magzter's response · Dec 11, 2017

Hi Venkat,

We understand that you are facing issues in cancelling the auto-renewal of your subscription.

In order to cancel the auto-renewal of your subscription, you can always visit the HELP section on our website or through the Magzter app which will be available in the Account section.

We request you to send an email to our helpdesk at [protected]@magzter.com and our support team will definitely assist you in cancelling the auto-renewal of your subscription.

• Magzter's response · May 10, 2018

Hi,

We understand that you are not satisfied with the service provided by Magzter.

We request you to send an email to our helpdesk at [protected]@magzter.com and our support team will assist you further.

• Magzter's response · Oct 07, 2019

Hi Narendra,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you have been charged for the auto-renewal of your subscription.

Unfortunately, we are unable to locate the charge with the provided details.

In this case, we request you to send an email to our helpdesk at [protected]@magzter.com with your subscription details and invoice and our support team will definitely assist you further.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Team Magzter

• Magzter's response · Dec 02, 2019

Hi Khanal,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you are facing trouble in cancelling the auto renewal feature through our website.

In order to cancel the auto-renewal of your subscription, we request you to send an email to our helpdesk at [protected]@magzter.com and our support team will definitely assist you in cancelling the auto-renewal of your subscription.

Regards,
    Team Magzter

• Sd
    sdr6 May 10, 2018

I got caught out with their auto renewal system. I thought I had purchased just one copy of a magazine but found I was being charged £10 every month (for a Magazine that costs less than half of this in the shops). This was in their t's & c's section hidden away in small print. I do think Magzter should be more open about this and make the cancellation process more visible.
    This is certainly 'sharp practice' if not downright unethical.

• Re
    Rehan Lateefi May 11, 2018

I am struggling with canceling an auto renewal of my Gold Lite. Have sent a request to their support, no acknowledgement or anything.. What a scam!!! Will have to cancel my credit card

Stay away from Magzter

• Re
    Rehan Lateefi May 11, 2018

Why is there no "End my Subscription" or "Cancel Auto Renewal" on your website?

Magzter_Digital_Newsstand May 11, 2018

@Rehan Lateefi Hi Rehan,

In order to cancel the auto-renewal of your subscription, you can always visit the HELP section on our website or through the Magzter app which will be available under the Account section.

Magzter_Scam Jul 28, 2018

@Rehan Lateefi Because that is the business model to make money. Many users will forget to cancel auto renew. ;)

• Si
    siva1919 Nov 28, 2018

And now this time it's my turn. Usually a careful subscriber but got caught with Magzter Gold Subscription model. Strongly recommend not to fall in to their trap. Still struggling to get it cancelled. Its like begging to unknown faces, to please cancel my subscription. Should it not be a simple, "Cancel My subscription" option.

Magzter - please first stop my subscription and refund my money. I have written to help & support of Magzter. waiting for their response.

Magzter_Digital_Newsstand Nov 28, 2018

@siva1919 Hi Siva,

Thank you for bringing your concern to our notice.

We understand that you are unable to cancel the auto-renewal of the Magzter Gold subscription.

In order to cancel the auto-renewal of your subscription, you can visit the HELP section which will be available under the Account section on our website or through the Magzter app.

• Na
    NarendraV Oct 07, 2019

Extremely surprised to see such a prestigious service provider does not provide option to auto renewal. Also during registration, auto renewal is not a chosen option. It is chosen by the company and not by the customer. This is absolute cheating.
    I have subscribed to this magazine service last year for Gold Subscription year 2018 - 19. I have not been registered and hence no access to the magazines to read. While I send request towards providing access, I do not receive any response. To further shock, this year subscription has been renewed using auto renewal and debiting my credit card without my permission. Again this year, I do not have access to the magazines. I would urge other customers to be aware.
    I am now struggling to cancel my auto debit from my credit card. Kindly advise on how to cancel the auto debit towards subscription.

• Lv
    Lv Khanal Nov 30, 2019

I purchased an annual subscription for Magzter Gold last september. I even tried cancelling the auto-renewal through their website through the help section under account. It asks you for the reason for cancellation and to confirm the cancellation, which i did. Then it says cancellation successfully done. But little did I know that my subscription had been cancelled. And worst i have not been a regular user of the service. Today when i realised that i kept receiving magzter mails in my inbox and decided to check my subscription and found that i’ve been charged an annual fee for auto-renewal this year. It’s very disappointing. I searched the website frantically to cancel the auto-renewal again, but to no avail. It says the same thing, cancellation successful, but when i check my subscription details again, it says auto-renewal active. I really regret subscribing to Magzter. I thought it was genuine.

Comments