Magazine City / Paid for magazine - still don't have it

1 Charlottesville, VA, United States

Don't order through them. You will have passed on by the time you get your magaine. Their MO seems to be take your money immediately and worry about your magazine someday. The magazine I wanted told me that Magazine City works through a third party. Orders are made in bulk and only when there is enough volume.

I ordered a magazine and my credit card was charged on Jan. 31, 2008. In July 2008, I still didn't have the magazine. I called the magazine directly and they still had no record of a subscription order. So, I ordered the magazine myself with a subscription to start in 3 weeks. By the way, this was at half the price of the Magazine city order. I tried to call Magazine City on their 800 number and 4 out of 5 times, the call could not be completed. I tried the Charlottesville, VA number and told them I wanted to cancel the order and get a refund. The customer service rep put in a request for refund but no guarantee and said I would be called about it. I wasn't. Instead, I got an e-mail saying the subscription order was being processed. Great. I called the magazine again directly a few days later. Still no order request from Magazine City. I called Magazine City back to again canel the order and get a refund. No can do. Request denied. I paid full price to order through them. Their service is lousy, their people are curt. Never again.

De