Maaco / awful personal

DON'T EVER GO TO MAACO TO GET YOUR CAR PAINTED!! They will mislead you and deny responsibility for their sloppy work, and you'll get no help from their corporate Customer Service Department.

At the Maaco at 6601 Old Cheney Hwy in Orlando, we bought the 5 yr warranty, which they claimed was on sale. The work order says "Super Prep", and "Sand and Prime as needed". They just sprayed over the old paint. $835, plus emblem replacements and labor came to $1500. I have all the paperwork and receipts.

When the paint blistered within 6 months, I took it in to be fixed. The owner became rude and argumentative. He was antagonistic the whole time, and couldn't understand why I wasn't happy, when it was under warranty.

I just happen to believe that it should have been done right to begin with.

When I went to pick it up, I asked him to pay for my rental car, since they were responsible for my other car needing to be left there. Also, there were two scratches on the front bumper that weren't there when I brought it in.

I as a female frankly felt threatened and unsafe when the owner became angry, loud and antagonistic.

I had two friends with me, thank goodness, and the owner started to argue with them, and yell. After I said, "$1500 dollars and you can't sand the car?"

He lost his temper and said he won't honor the warranty, he's through with my car.

This man cannot control himself, and I felt unsafe around him.

I complained to Maaco Corporate, and after talking to me once, they never called back. Obviously their public image isn't important to them.

Mo