Lumosity / Unauthorized withdrawl

United States Review updated:

The Spring of 2010 I signed up with Lumosity because it offered to keep my mind sharp with fun games on the computer. I used it for the year that I signed up for and stopped going to it after my membership expired. I was on hard times and had no internet access and counldn't affort rent, much less to play an $80 game online.
Apparently, they have a feature that signs you up automatically and withdrawls funds from you account. I haven't used this site in over a year and I checked my account today and had $80 taken out, which makes me wonder if they did the same thing for the last year that I haven't played.
I haven't heard anything but great reviews about this company and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this. I have been slighted, possibly twice from them, with a loss of a great deal of money, without so much as an email explaining any of this.
Be careful when giving your account information to Lumosity!!!

Comments

• Ha
      7th of May, 2012

Hi Nicholai,

Sorry for any confusion! When you subscribe to our site, you are signing up for a subscription with automatic renewal, which can be cancelled at any time. You can find this information on our Terms of Service, our purchase page, under "your account" after logging in and in the purchase confirmation we emailed you.

As long as your subscription renewed within the last 30 days you're eligible for a full refund. You can use this link to contact our billing department. https://www.lumosity.com/contact/billing

They'll be able to cancel your subscription, process a refund and give you any other account information you need. We respond to billing inquiries submitted through this form within 1 business day, so you should receive a response promptly. If you have other questions you'd like answered here on complaints board, just let me know.

Best - Hallie

• Li
      13th of Sep, 2012

i never signed up for automatic renewal. i did for one month trial and i disappointed. DO NOT CHARGE TO MY CREDIT CARD ANY MORE. Litta Glinert

• Mr
      15th of Jan, 2019

@litta glinert No one signs up for automatic renewal. This is what you get for not reading the fine print.

• Ha
      14th of Sep, 2012

Thanks for contacting us Litta, and sorry for any confusion. All of our subscriptions (except for lifetime subscriptions) are set up with automatic renewal, which can be cancelled at any time. You can cancel renewal through your account pages after logging in. Here are detailed instructions: https://help.lumosity.com/entries/21762232-will-i-be-charged

Or, just contact us via the help desk and we can cancel it for you. Here's a direct link: https://help.lumosity.com/anonymous_requests/new

Just make sure you email us using the address linked to your Lumosity account.

• Ri
      15th of Jan, 2019

I cancelled my free 14 day trial period before the end of December 31st but my bank account was still debited on January 3rd 2019. I want my money back if not then I will have to notify Michael Finney of ABC local show 7 on your side of your scam... I also emailed twice but no answer so contact me at richard.[protected]@gmail.com

Richard Likong