Luminess Air / "risk free" trial isn't risk free at all

1 12802 Capricorn DrStafford, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-793-7474

Ordered the 'Risk Free" Trial, 30 Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Kit, for 19.95 plus shipping charges which were processed immediately. Upon receipt, I quickly realized that the terms of the agreement as laid out in the paperwork I received with the product were very different from my understanding of the terms laid out on the website.(I generally find my reading and comprehension skills to be quite good...) I phoned immediately to obtain the RA# (return authorization) for this product. I learned two things during that call:
1) Even though I am returning this product unused, within 24 hours of receipt, my the $24.97 I paid IS NOT REFUNDABLE. A very strange interpretation of the term "risk free"...I am loosing that money, plus footing the bill to return it.
2) I was also charged an additional $59.99 the moment this product was shipped. I was not aware that any additional monies would be charged during my trial period, I never received any notification from them that they had processed this charge to my account. However, they have assured me that eventually, at least that money may be credited sometime after the device is returned. Thankfully, I will not be subject to the "restocking" fee of 20% of my total purchase (the initial 'trial" charge plus the $59.99.)
This product is currently available at several local national stores and on several other, less deceptive sites for half the price I would ultimately have had to pay for this.
Perhaps I should be grateful for only having lost $35.00

Bu
Jun 18, 2013

Comments

8th of Aug, 2014

Yes you were very lucky, at least you got a return authorization, i didn't even get that! Had to pay for my shipping, had over 150 taken out of my account and they are the have hit my credit report with over 300 dollars for a product they now have! It never did work correctly and was hardly used, this whole thing is a scam, it sincerely need to be sent to the FCC and have official complaints brought against them and this to stop before even more women fall for their false ads and return policy. What bothers me I looked them up online before i bought it, I saw no complaints regarding them! Are they paying to not have them on the main page? It wasn't until i search for "complaints" i was able to find sites like this that has numerous women with the same issues. All about the money...

• Rl
      29th of Mar, 2015

Wow, I just want to say how grateful I am for this complaint website! I was gonna buy this product, but, after reading how they have scammed people; taken more money than they were supposed to; continually debiting credit cards, despite a return; NOT letting you return the product, etc., there is NO way I am gonna try this! Thank you all of you who take the time to make these reports!