Lucky Star Goldens / Puppy deposit fraud

1 Perham, MN, United States Review updated:

We were anxiously anticipating picking up our healthy puppy from Tessa this July 2013. However instead we have been informed the puppy would not be available as all the puppies (10 in total) are at the veterinarian for parvo virus infection.

Since she informed us of this issue, we have received one update that three of the puppies have passed away and we can "adopt" any surviving puppy for a reduced fee. We wrote a reply to Tessa stating that we understand this is a difficult time, however, we have contacted a different breeder that has healthy puppies available and have requested our $500 puppy deposit back. Since we have written this email, she has pulled down her website and is no longer answering her phone.

We currently feel duped. We wonder if the ten puppies have ever existed and if she is just stringing us along. BEWARE of this site!

Jul 20, 2013

Comments

• Ki
      28th of Jul, 2013

Parvo can be fatal, especially in puppies. It is also very contagious, however it is very unlikely that all 10 dogs of a litter would become infected. You are being lied to. I am a vet in White Bear Lake, MN btw. I hope you get your money back.

• Ke
      29th of Jul, 2013

The Norman family, I too went through the same situation with Tessa Kriesel, hoping to receive a puppy in July 2013. I agree with everything you said in your complaint and feel the same way. I wanted to let you know that after numerous emails and one bounced check we finally received a full refund today through a money order. I would continue to email, write complaints, call or contact authorities until you receive your refund. She guaranteed you a healthy puppy and you did not receive one and she still has your money, which is illegal. I am glad you found a new trustworthy breeder with healthy puppies and wish you the best of luck with your refund.

• Br
      30th of Jul, 2013

I am also going through the same thing with Tessa and I have not receieved any money back and until yesterday she was still in contact with us and now she is not responding to anything. How did you go about getting your deposit back? I completely agree as well that she has been dragging us along this whole time.

6th of Aug, 2013

I hired Tessa Kriesel of Lucky Star Goldens/Tessa Kriesel Designs in early March to develop a website for my business (her other business is supposedly web development). I gave her a $540 deposit and all I have so far is my $10 domain registration which she gave me only after I posted a complaint on this website...My e-commerce website was suppose to be up and running per our agreement by the end of May, but it has been one excuse after another including her child in the hospital, and has been a lot of extra work on my part to attempt to get her to reply, respond, do work, etc. Unfortunately I cannot believe anything she tells me since it has been promise after promise to deliver work to me and basically lies since she has not come through on anything. She recently told me she would stop work on my project and send me a disc with what she has done so I can have someone else complete my website. I want my money back, not her work, which I expect to be useless if anything at all at this point. If you would like to pursue the legal process with me please google my place of business, Rustic River Trading Company for the phone # and call me - Laura - leave a message if I am not there as I do travel for my biz a lot. Not sure if I can post a phone number here or I would. I think we have a better chance of getting our money back if we try as a group as Tessa is obviously pulling scams in multiple businesses and the attorney general does not like that.

5th of Sep, 2013

Norman Family - please call me at 218-763-5144 Laura Odegaard - leave a message if I am not there. There is a sizeable group of us working together to resolve this.

• Te
      12th of Dec, 2013

Everyone a part of this litter is receiving refunds and Laura has agreed on a settlement for partial refund even though more hours were done to her project than what had been paid for to ensure the situation was resolved.

7th of May, 2016

Tessa repaid my website deposit. She paid me $250 about a year and a half ago, and this week she paid me another $276 which was the remainder of my deposit.