Lucille Roberts / lack of professionalism

New York, NY, United States

I went to the Grand Central location yesterday to take the Zumba class and the two classes following and found that the Zumba instructors were video recording the class while in session. I'm not sure if this is allowed, but if it is, there should be some sort of notice so members can make the decision to end up on social media or another platform or not. I was torn between this since I went there to work out but did not want to be on video. I did about 30 minutes because I wanted the workout but it was very uncomfortable because I found myself looking down a lot to avoid the video. I proceeded to leave the floor to ask the front attendants if this video recording the classes was allowed but to my surprise, both attendants were videoing the class as well. After that, I decided to leave the gym and go home. I was no longer motivated to work out. This is very distracting and uncomfortable and it's not what I signed up for. Unfortunately, I've experienced this in another location and decided not to take those particular classes and now I feel like I have to do the same at this location which happens to be the closest location to me. While I love the classes at LR, it is very unprofessional to have the employees acting this way. I'll continue to go until my membership runs out and then find another gym. Lucille Roberts needs to train their staff properly and let them know that not everyone is willing to share their daily life with the world.

Br