Lucille Roberts / fraud and stealing

United States Review updated:
3.75

Lucille Roberts is a rip-off -- if only I'd Googled before I joined! So, for those of you who do: DON'T JOIN LUCILLE ROBERTS! First, the terms of my membership were misrepresented to me -- I was told that my membership would start on my first visit to the gym. Later, I was told that it started on the day of the transaction.

Second, I made arrangements for my monthly fee to be billed to my credit card. But without any other notice, I received a collection notice stating that I owed fees for many months and that the debt would soon be referred to a collection agency. When I called to inquire, a customer service rep told me that the card on file had become inactive (this is true, I had changed banks) and claimed that attempts had been made to reach me.

I certainly never got any written notice. I have, over the last month, gotten a large number of phone calls that were either hang-ups or an murky recording starting in mid-sentence that gave no information but demanded a return call -- if these were "attempts to contact me, " they were inadequate, communicated no information, and in fact seemed designed to harass rather than "contact" me.

Third, customer service seems designed to prevent clients from finding resolution to concerns or complaints. The customer service rep to whom I spoke gave me no information. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, she claimed the supervisor was in a meeting. When I asked for the supervisor to return my call to discuss my concerns, she claimed that no outgoing calls could be made. Finally I go the supervisor's name, and with still another request, I got her ID number. (Caroline, 1108.) The whole experience was appalling.
Va

Comments

Tr
  3rd of Jul, 2010
I had the same horrible experience with LR. They are arrogant and unhelpful. Who is training them?

Lucille Roberts Logo Lucille Roberts