Loyalist Golf And Country Club Wedding Show / wedding show with no turnout - refusal to compensate vendors

Apr 27, 2015
Loyalist Golf and Country Club
1 Loyalist Boulevard Bath, Ontario, Canada K0H 1G0
Phone: 613-352-5152
As a small Wedding Service provider I recently participated as a vendor in the Loyalist Wedding Show. The fee for for participating in such a show is $200-250 plus tax. For a small business, this is a significant fee, and in exchange for registration I expect the organizers to ensure the event is properly organized and promoted. The day of the event it came to my attention that the person running the show had left her position, and because of this little advertising had been done.

Besides no newspaper ads (which were supposed to be placed), there was no advertising of the event on the company website, and no signage at the Club lane-way advertising the event was happening. The only effort made was posting a flyer on the Golf Clubs Facebook page, and to have local radio mention it. Needless to say the show was a dismal failure - only 2 attendees. 2!!!

Having spent over $200 on my registration fee, money on printed flyers, fresh flowers, and having lost an entire day that I could have been "paid to work", I naturally contacted the Loyalist Golf Club to request compensation for my losses. After sending numerous emails, leaving messages and having no one respond to me, I remained persistent - advising them I would not go away until someone contacted me. A week later I got a very unfriendly email telling me that no refunds would be made, that I am never to contact the Club again, and that if I persist they will get their legal department involved.

I have had a horrible experience with the Loyalist Golf and Country Club. They have been extremely unprofessional by ignoring my emails and messages, and they have disappointed me greatly for not taking responsibility for their halfhearted effort in advertising their Wedding Show. Note to self - never do business with the Loyalist Golf and Country Club, and stay clear of big fish seeking to exploit little fish.

Loyalist Golf And Country Club Wedding Show