Lowe's Pella Windows / Lowe's window installation voids warranty
I had Lowe's install Pella windows in my home in Pittsburgh, PA late last year. After their contractor finished, I realized that he had caulked closed and covered with aluminum trim all of the weep holes in the windows. (These are the little holes that allow water to get out of the window frames. If these are plugged, the water finds its way into the wall cavity and can severely damage the structure.) I contacted Lowe's and the installer and pointed out to both that I had found one of the Pella Installation Manuals that came with the windows and that the manual indicated clearly in BOLD print that the installer should NEVER caulk or cover these holes.
The installer arrogantly told me that he was an expert, was the best Lowe's had to offer, and that Pella did not know windows as well as he did. I confirmed with Pella that the way the windows were installed has VOIDED my warranty.
After 3 months of waiting and MANY calls to Pella, the local Lowe's store in Monroeville, PA, and Pella and Lowe's corporate headquarters, the situation has not been corrected. This "professional" installation by Lowe's continues to allow water to infiltrate my walls. The condition has damaged paint on the interior and exterior walls and I recently noticed a musty odor at one of the windows. I have also been suffering from a sinus and lung infection that has all of the symptoms of exposure to mold. The most unbelievable part of the whole experience ... this incompetent installer is still working for Lowe's installing windows!
Lowe's explained that they cannot find anyone qualified who will do the job for the same money this person will. BEWARE OF LOWE'S.
More Lowe's Pella Windows Complaints & Reviews
- Pella Windows and Doors - Pella windows are crap! 
- Pella Thermastar Windows - Caulking between glass panes 
- Pella Windows and Doors - Squeaky, leaky expensive windows! 
- Pella Designer Series Windows and Doors - poor quality/no customer service 
- Pella Windows - condensation 
- Pella Corporation - single point accountability??? 
- Pella Corporation - water damage on the outside sheeting below the windows.
- Pella Corporation - unavailability of your product at lowes
- Pella Corporation - windows don't open
- Pella Corporation - home