LoveYourPets.com / Unauthorized billing

1-5 40 East Sherman StreetLebanon, OR, United States Review updated:

Loveyourpets.com steals consumer credit card information- the same thing happened to me as the consumer above who filed a report. They emailed me on 7/10/08 to state they had shipped the item first class and I never received it, 2 weeks later. I went to the USPS website and was surprised to see clearly that they had misrepresented the shipping times- by 3x the days. According to Loveyourpets first class mail takes anywhere from 4-14 days to arrive. This is a complete lie. USPS states that first class mail takes 1-3 days.

This, along with the obviously unanswered emails- and lack of phone number on the website- made me immediately realize that this was a scam that I had been duped into. Over a dog tag. So pathetic. Why not just jesus figurines or perhaps prayer shawls- or donations to a fake animal donation fund? It's all the same. They've stolen my credit card information and I have reported them to Mastercard and the attorney general for the state I live in.

If you're reading this I hope you beware of this terrible thievery. These people need to be stopped!

Va

Comments

• Va
      17th of Jul, 2008

Unless my package suddenly arrives 2 weeks late with an apology note stating that they wrote their website wrong and didn't mean to out and out lie- Those of you who have registered as having been ripped off by loveyourpets.com may contact the owner through this physical address which was located on the internet.

This is the listed owner:
    Bruce Overbeck (541) 451-4546 36824 Edgemont Dr, Lebanon, OR 97355.

Good luck to all you protectors of the consumer safety out there. Cheers. Hope this helps more victims like us.

• Br
      17th of Jul, 2008

have been a customer of loveyourpets.com multiple times and I have never had any negative experiences with this business and the tags that I have received have been of utmost quality.
    I think you have jumped the gun too soon on taking the step of accusing this company of credit card fraud and slandering their name via the internet.
    You said that you received an e-mail on the 10th of July, and you then continue to say that it has been two weeks since this e-mail and that you have still yet to receive your pet tags. Today is the 17th of July, which would actually be one week since the e-mail and as a matter of fact only 4 to 5 business days where your mail could have feasibly been shipped and processed.
    As an American citizen, I have plenty of practice with the USPS (or rightfully considered "snail mail"). I know that quite often the USPS makes guarantees on shipping times but often these deadlines are not met. I don't know where Lebanon, Oregon is but I do know that Oregon and Connecticut are on complete opposites of the continental United States, and that I can almost bet that it would rationally take more than 3 days for your package to arrive.
    I can almost assure you that you have not been ripped off. I would advise two things; the first being patience. You have only been waiting 4 to 5 business days. It is highly probable that the late arrival of your pet tags is not the fault of loveyourpets.com, but most likely the USPS. And my second recommendation is discretion. I know it can be nerve-racking using your credit card to purchase items online, but taking the step of calling a business fraudulent is a very serious claim. Also, listing anyones name and home address on the internet is very dangerous as well.
    I hope your issue is resolved and I have full confidence that it will be. Let me reiterate that I have only received service of the highest quality from loveyourpets.com, and will continue to not only be a customer, but continue to recommend this business to everyone I know.

• Su
      23rd of Jul, 2008

I too stongly disagree with the above negative comment regarding the stealing of credit card information and slowness of sending pet tags out from LoveYourPets business. I have had nothing but great service from this company. I have received my pet tags within 2-3 business days, granted I live in the NW which is where he company is located, and relalize it takes longer to ship to the east coast. I also have never had trouble with them "stealing my credit card information". Where is the proof of this? In addition, there is a toll free number listed on the home page of their website that you can call with questions regarding your order and they will typically return your call within 1 business day or sooner. Being a small business, I believe there should be some time allowance to return phone calls in a timely fashion. It is just not morally or ethically right to place blame on a company that has been in business for 18 years and has such a great reputation to call them fradulent when the problem likely lays with the USPS. I hope you realize how much damage your statement can do to such a wonderful company that has such a loyal following, and I do hope your issue is resolved as I know it will be due to the dedication of the people at LoveYourPets.com.

• Sh
      25th of Jul, 2008

Last Sunday, July 20, 2008, I ordered, via internet, two dog tags from loveyourpets.com. I received the tags today, Friday, July 25th.

I wouldn't expect an order to arrive any sooner than that because my order probably was not processed until Monday, July 21st.

I am completely satisfied with the service I received from loveyourpets.com and would order from them again.

Sheryl Dobbs
    Copperhill, Tennessee

30th of Oct, 2009

I'm writing to recommend this company loveryourpets.com

An order I placed with them did not arrive. I contacted the company and they were VERY helpful. The reason the order did not arrive turned-out to be my fault. Before I learned that, I was very worried, based on this complaint of fraud that was posted on the Internet.

After talking with the company owner, I was completely impressed by how they helped me out, even though the problem was my fault. This complaint of fraud that is posted here seems very hard to believe.

It's now a year later, and I'm placing another order with that company.

I live in Durham, NC and that company is in Oregon. I have no relation to them other than these two orders. They were so helpful that I'm just writing here to stick-up for them. I suspect they have been slandered by this complaint of fraud.

Jim Yuill
    Durham, NC

• Jd
      15th of Jun, 2011

I have ordered tags from loveyourpet.com and after three weeks I sent an email, and they said the sometimes get lost and they told me they would resend the order. It is three weeks latter and nothing received to date. I agree the first person, they may be committing a cheap fraud knowing that people won't fuss over $10.

• Lo
      19th of Mar, 2012

Hello... I am the owner of Love Your Pets. We have been selling pet tags and protecting pets since 1987. Our family owned business takes the several complaints here seriously. I am familiar with both of these and they have been amicably settled...with both parties getting their orders. The only reasons people may not get an order is that A) The Post Office loses it B) The customer gives us the wrong address. There is no way of us knowing that a customer didn't get their order unless they contact us.

After over 5 million pet tags sold, I am not aware of any customer that has not been given the highest level of consideration and support. No business can make every single customer happy, but we have a satisfaction guarantee that we stand behind every single time.

• Ne
      14th of Jan, 2013

Well I ordered my dogs tags December 15th and it is now January 14th and I have not received my item nor an email but they took their money from my account 2 days after I placed an order, they didn't take their time with that. It does not take 30 days to mail an envelope. I have ordered dog tags before on eBay and it took a week tops. I do believe this company is a scam because I have seem this before when companies do just enough to stay in business. For those of you that have received your items how dare you try to defend them when you are not the ones who got ripped off so you don't know how it feels, you all got your items I'm still waiting on my items and they won't even respond. How about the next time they do good business with you, why don't you all try telling them not to rip off some people because doing business with them is a 50/50 chance which is not except able at all. I referred my co-worker 3 days after I ordered mine and she hasn't received anything yet either. This is not a coincidence.

17th of Jul, 2013

I ordered tags and have not received them...40 days later. 4 emails (one per day) and zero response. That is not customer service. At this stage it's theft.

17th of Jul, 2013

After posting the above complaint I found the phone number for Loveyourpets. I immediately got a human on line who was very helpful and told me they had sent out a replacement order and had been sending email responses. My email is a company email and I have had instances wherein they have blocked certain email addresses. I totally believe the agent and will look forward to receiving my order. She was very nice and I will repost once I receive my order!

• Dn
      21st of Feb, 2014

Charged me for an online order and never shipped it. Promised to ship a second order which also never arrived. After reviewing the online comments for this company it appears this is common practice for them. SCAM.

• Di
      31st of Jul, 2014

I ordered a single tag for my dog it was shipped on a Thursday. 2 weeks later it had not arrived. Per their website instuctions after two weeks (I live in Florida and they are in Oregon) I contacted Loveyourpets and they produced another tag and shipped to me WITH TRACKING USPS. The shipment with tracking cost more than the total that they charged me for the product and shipping together.

I believe that Loveyourpets has been maligned as they showed great customer relations and spent more than the total received to assure I received my product from them.

When I need anything that they provide, I will be contacting them again. They deserve your business! GREAT BUSINESS ETHIC.

• Do
      9th of Feb, 2015

It's been a month since I ordered from them and still nothing. I wrote after 2 weeks and they 'verified' my address . . . still nothing.

• Bo
      14th of Aug, 2015

I have ordered tags from these folks several times. The product and the service is GREAT. I have bought quite a few because I use them to label thumb drives that I distribute to customers with me E-catalog on it. Plus my best friend Eddie the Beagle proudly wears one on his collar.
    I have had had nothing but positive experiences. Don Smith in Kansas City

• Sh
      3rd of Feb, 2016

I had a wonderful experience with Love Your Pets. Not only did they have a bigger selection than PetSmart, it's cheaper and just as well made (the engraving actually seems a little deeper than my previous PetSmart tags). I received my tag within the estimated time frame as well. Thanks!

• Ga
      18th of May, 2016

Beautiful product, excellent customer service. I received an email immediately and realized I needed to change something. It was done within 3 minutes, product arrived within 3 days. And did I mention how beautiful it was? Can't imagine someone leaving such a negative comment about something that was obviously lost by the trusty USPS. Maybe all of that anger should have been directed at them. The government does nothing with efficiency or effectiveness. Why should they? It's not their money.

• Ed
      17th of Aug, 2016

This company misrepresents the USPS delivery time as 2 weeks which is false. The items have not arrived after almost two weeks. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee which they do not stand by.

I Googled their name and found this very familiar complaint right away.

• Ed
      17th of Aug, 2016

I just read the owner's statement above about not being aware of a single customer who did not receive the highest level of consideration...Well I hope you are aware now. Your customer service stinks.

It is dishonest to represent 2 week shipping as being anyone else's fault but your own.

Somehow 1 week processing, and 1 week shipping does not sound as appealing, but it would be honest.

Please read the definition of 100℅ guaranteed before you make that claim on your website.

• Av
      24th of Apr, 2018

Mine is more of a question. It has been over 10 business days since my order of two dog tags, and I have not received anything. How do I get in contact with them? I really want to believe that they're a good company, and the quality and variety seem great online. I really hope it's not a scam. :/