L'Oreal Paris London / revitalift day face cream

Ireland Review updated:

I used Revitalift Day and had a severe allergic reaction. I had to go to hospital. I complained to L'Oreal Paris in London and they paid for examination by a dermatologist, he upheld my complaint, but they refused compensation and said "case closed"! So much for Revitalift Day the MANY wrinkle cream!
Details:"I had a serious facial allergic reaction after using the widely advertised product L’Oreal Revitalift Day “KY 157” in 2010.
I was disabled by this for one week and uncomfortable for a further week.
I went to Waterford Hospital and was treated. I consulted my GP and he was horrified. He sent me to see a consultant Dermatologist who examined me and later carried out about 48 patch tests. He described the allergy to Revitalift as a serious reaction to it. The patches had to be worn for several days and were uncomfortable and made sleeping difficult.
I claimed 504 hours in total of discomfort due to revitalift from L’Oreal in 2010. I find their extensive advertising very misleading and there is no warning on the jar. L’Oreal paid for the consultations I have mentioned.
L’Oreal stated “we do not pay compensation, see your solicitor” !!!
This complaint has been going on for nearly 9 months without satisfactory
resolution.

Comments

Nov 12, 2011

I used Revitalift Day milky foam, .advance anti wrinkle & spot corrector bottle, day spf 18 white, and had a severe allergic reaction. I feel shame to go outside my face looks like fry fish, and so ichy.i complain already to Watson jalan changkat.Kuala Lumpur Malaysiai show my face, they told me also that they canot exchange the product. they told me that i will complain to loreal. tomorrow i need to go to hospital.

Nov 22, 2011

My action against them is still going on!

Nov 22, 2011

My action against L'Oreal is still going on!

Apr 19, 2012

I used L'Oreal Revitalift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair on my "smile wrinkles" as a birthday present to myself - I turned 44 a month ago, and within a day of using the product ONLY ONCE, my face swelled up like a balloon and my eyes are almosst swollen shut. I can't see right, and have been seeing a doctor the whole time for it. I wrote to the company, but haven't received a response yet. At this point, seeing as it's affecting my work schedule and income, I'm seeking legal advice as well. There's no reason it should have done this to my face, and I took a photo of me the day befor eusing it, and looked GREAT! After treatment, I look like quasimodo - my face swelled, rashed out red all over, and is hot at points - PLUS the swelling eyes (I only used it around my smile wrinkles). This is utterly unacceptable. My prayers go out to all who are suffering because of their products, and their neglagence in responding and helping cliients who are suffering from it is inexcuseable!! I will NEVER use their products again. Even last night, doing a google search on adverse reactions, I read an article where a lady used their hair dye and went into a coma from an adverse reaction to it - This is getting ridiculous, and we need to stand up against Big Business and hold them accountable for what they're doing. Attached are photos from before using it, and after using their product. NOT FAIR!

Apr 19, 2012

here's photos of before using it, and after using it

Apr 20, 2012

COMPENSATION AT LAST!!!. L'Oreal have at last agreed to pay compensation. However they are quibbling about the amount! One of the large firms of the world who spend millions on advertising won't pay out a modest amount of money!

Apr 20, 2012

@ Iron Muffin: you are biassed against the consumer! On my jar of Revitalift Day there is no recommendation for a skin test! Get your facts straight and understand the extreme suffering and hospital treatment involved.

Apr 23, 2012

@ Iron Muffin: you are still biassed against the consumer! Of course there should be a recommendation for a skin test! Get your facts straight and understand the extreme suffering and hospital treatment involved.If common sense requires a test then there is a need for a test and so bad reactions are quite common and these should be publicised as a warning. L'Oreal agents know this and so the consumer is left in ignorance.

• Ci
      Dec 02, 2012

I received this product sent to me as a sample and am so regretful that I ever put it on my face. As like lollipop I now have the worst reaction all around my mouth and even the top of my eyebrows. It is swollen and red with little tiny bumps and so irritating. Upon doing much more research, this is a common allergic reaction with this product. I wish I had never used it and I can only hope it goes away.

• Ki
      Dec 09, 2012

I got allergic reaction exact same as Ms.lollipop123. I hope the swollen goes away asap. I can not live like this. (Cry)

Feb 20, 2013

I too now have the more itchiest and red face and is all scaley. So embarrased to even go outside. I only used the product once and 4 days later im still soooo uncomfortable and itchy around my face with swelling on the eyes. :(

• Ta
      Apr 10, 2013

There should definitely be a lawsuit against L'oreal. I bought my Grandmother the cream. She used it at night. The next day she woke up and her face was swollen, it looked as if she gained 30 pounds in her face, her eyes were closed shut. She could barley open them. We had to bring her to the hospital and they said it was from L'oreal face and neck cream. This product is very dangerous please don't buy this. You will Regret it.

• Mr
      Aug 07, 2013

This just happened..I am Indian living in US... I have interviews tomorrow and the day after.
    I got the undereye revitalift ..I shouldn't have..I am 30..I didn't need it..I have always been a Clinique user..
    My undereye is swollen with deep wrinkles which I never had, the pores have opened up and my whole face has bumps and red rashes now. What the hell do I do now... I am so upset... need to get together and filw a lawsuit against L'oreal... this is preposterous. :-( omg I hope this goes away... I am afraid to sleep.

Aug 12, 2013

I've just had severe allergic reaction to Revitalift. This is horrific!

Aug 28, 2013

I am willing to get together with anyone who wants to take action against L'oreal, they must not be allowed to get away with harming us in this way. This product is dangerous!

• Ro
      Aug 31, 2013

I have used this product twice now and both times I have suffered the same reaction that I am reading about on this log. The first time I thought I had sunburn as I had been sitting in the garden. My face was bright red and swollen. I used the product again last Wednesday early evening and a couple of hours later the itching started. I woke up the next day (so Thursday) and my face was swollen and my eyes mere dots in my face - not good as I was starting my holiday in Mallorca on that day. Today is Saturday and there is no sign of it abating - in fact I look worse than before. I managed to get hold of some anti-histamine pills yesterday but frankly they aren't doing much good yet. Has anyone got any suggestions for what I should ask for (in Spanish if possible...!). This is ruining my holiday and making me feel quite ill. I would also be interested in suing L'Oreal if there is an appetite building for getting together to do this.

Sep 02, 2013

You need to see a doctor Rosi and get checked out as soon as possible.

Sep 18, 2013

For people living in the UK L'oreal Revitalift SPF30 is being investigated by Trading Standards and you must either report this directly to them or email CAB consumer advice (Citizens Advice Bureau) and explain in detail what has happened to you after using this cream. Revitalift SPF30 contains a preservative called Methylisothiazolinone (MI or MIT for short), which top dermatologists have warned L'oreal and other manufacturers to remove from their products as they say there is now an "epidemic" caused by this stuff. L'oreal have chosen to ignore this warning and have not even bothered to put a warning or recommendation to do a patch test on the box! Revitalift SPF30 also has a host of fragrances in it which are on an EU list of 26 fragrances known to cause skin allergy in some people and they are recognised consumer allergens.

• Ti
      Nov 29, 2013

After using revitalift 10 I suffered a terrible reaction, swollen puffy, red, hot face.Not realising at first it was the cream I applied more in the hope of soothing my face. Yeah stupid I know. I didn't think it was possible for my face to swell even more but it did. I found by trial and error vaseline and piriton helped the best. I cannot believe this product is on sale. Apart from the discomfort I had time off work (no pay therefore for me) and didn't leave the house for a few days. I also had an excema outbreak on my face possibly due to the allergic reaction (I have never before had a excema outbreak on my face, I am 48). It is now 6 weeks later and my face is nearly normal, just several pink spots where the worst of the swelling was.

• 12
      Sep 15, 2014

I too have just had a bad reaction after using the product once. I emailed loreal but they haven't responded. I think I'll email trading standards as the product is still as bad a year after your posts. I'm hoping it'll go away quickly. I've tried piriton and my gp has recommended steroid cream.

• Ka
      Nov 14, 2014

I have also had a terrible reaction to revitalift spf 30. Have used other L'Oreal products in the past but have never had a problem. This time my cheeks and jaw line are bright red, swollen, burning and itchy as hell! As it took several hours for the reaction to occur I didn't at first realise it was the cream, and stupidly after a couple of days of using aloe vera to cool my face and taking antihystemine, used it again. Even worse this time, my eyes have also ballooned. A trip to the docs, now on steroid and antihystemine. This is day 6, still off work as there is no way I could do my catering job looking like this. Just hope it goes away soon. Roughly how long has the redness lasted on others? Also would like to know if anyone has had any answers from L'Oreal?

Dec 14, 2014

I agree with 12345LM and all of you. A year later and still these products are causing more damage than good. I bought revivalist laser renew aye cream to try it out before I bought the others in the range and stopped after 3 days when my eyebrows became very sore, red and started weeping.

Dec 14, 2014

I agree with 12345LM and all of you. A year later and still the products are causing more damage than good. They need to be taken off the market. I used the laser renew aye cream to try it out before I bought the others. It could have been so much worse if I had. I'm going to worn all of my friends not to buy these products.

• Wh
      Dec 17, 2014

I wish I had known this before I used this product!!! The reaction is so horrific I cannot leave my house! my whole face and neck.. jaw line, mouth, about my eyebrows, nose, cheeks. Nothing helps... I cannot wear make-up to cover because the blisters just get worse. I am mortified. I worked in retail skin care for years and have never seen anything like this!!! Do not use this product ever! There is something terrible wrong with it.

Jun 23, 2015

This product
    Burned my skin and swelled my eyes to such pain and burning. I had to work with my face disfigured. I was so self conscience. A cream to make you look better made me look 100 times worse with burning pain. It's been over a week now and my face and eyes burn and itch so bad. A suit should be filed against loreal A.c.[protected]@gmail.com

• Sh
      Jul 14, 2015

I used Revitalift Day cream and since then my face has been very itchy and chin very dry and itchy. I stopped the cream one week back and am still having the problem even after taking antihistamines. I am not sure whether it is going to be permanent or will eventually go off. I am using ayurvedic moisturizer to reduce the dryness but with not much success. Is there any anti dote for this cream?

Nov 25, 2015

Something needs to be done now about this product! I am shocked that LÓreal do not even want to investigate why this is happening to so many women. I have used Revitalift for a long time without any problems, but never used the Day Cream (red top and white jar). There was a special on at our local Clicks store (like Boots in the UK) and so I thought I would try the day cream. First of all I started to get a strange feeling on my face and when I touched it I was shocked to find it was covered in lumps. Well, it just got worse from there, my face, neck and lips were swollen to twice their normal size and I was covered in a sore red rash. One minute it was burning and then it was itching, I looked like I had third degree burns on my face and neck and even my eyes swelled. I had to go to the doctor and he was horrified at how bad the reaction was. He gave me antihistamine tablets and cream. Not only did I have this terrible condition, but I ended up paying so much - firstly buying the cream (which as you all know is not the cheapest), then I had to pay for the doctor's visit and also all the medication. This is just too horrendous for words... what is wrong with L'Oreal...don't they want to know what has gone wrong? Aren't they bothered at the terrible pain and discomfort it is causing more and more women? There has to be a problem with a batch or something because I have been using the Revitalift (red jar) for a few years now with no problem at all. I am so sorry for all the women who have gone through this and the ones that do not know and will still buy the cream. L'Oreal come on...the result of using this cream is severe. My skin is still not right and I was left with tight itchy skin bags under my eyes that I did not have before because my skin stretched so much. You have seen the pictures ...it is really painful and disfiguring. I will never use L'Oreal Revitalift again and am looking for a cream with more natural ingredients. All you other ladies who posted...you are right, we should get together and make them investigate this so that no more women suffer the pain and discomfort. I had to get a sick note and was signed off work for a week. I know that some of you have emailed L'Oreal and sent pictures and they have not responded. I am still going to do it and then I am going to send something to our own Consumer Protection Board in South Africa and see if they can help. L'Oreal, I am disgusted with your obvious lack of concern and the way you have completely ignored this problem and the pain we have all been through.

• Ju
      Jan 24, 2019

I used Age Perfect intense nutrition Night cream, love other products, Within 1 hour i got allergic reaction of sneezing watery eyes, runny nose, I had this reaction for 6-8 hours. I wiped cream off my face and neck, the allergy slowly stopped. I have been using revitalift laser x3 cream with out any problem for three years.

• Ca
      May 05, 2019

Allergic reaction to my cheeks. AVOID!!