Logitech / Apparent coordinated criminal conspiracy!

Purchased a Logitech "Harmony 880" Remote Control in Feb. I filled out their form correctly, and included required receipt and original bar code from package, in order to claim their $30 rebate when purchased thru Amazon.com.

Logitech now claims I did not fulfill terms by purchasing ANOTHER product. This was not a condition of the rebate as clearly shown on their form... which I am attaching for you. See item #1 of their four points of compliance in order to claim the rebate. NO other purchase required.

After a dozen contacts, Logitech no longer responds. I wonder how many thousands of others have been victimized by an apparent coordinated criminal conspiracy.

Comments

• Br
      10th of Nov, 2006
    Logitech - Never received a check!

A year ago I purchased a Logitech keyboard that CompUSA advertised for $5 after mail in rebate.

I followed all the directions and completely filled out the rebate form with mailing address (which is a PO Box because I live in a small town that will not deliver mail to my house) and street address. I have not had problems with other companies rebates for larger sums of money doing this.

They sent me a postcard stating that I did not have my street address on the form. I called the number to tell them I put my street address on the form. But the guy who took my call said that they would go ahead and mail the check to my PO Box.

I never received the check. So I followed up with their e-mail system several times until I got an answer. Which was you are past the deadline for sending out a check. Basically they just lied to me, then ignored me.

Logitech has lost a customer forever over $12 because of their crappy customer service designed to rip the customer off.

Bryan

Cleveland, MO 64734

4th of Jan, 2010
    Logitech - Poor product support
    Logitech

For the upteenth time I have struggled to get my Logitech Harmony 890 to communicate with the wireless extender. At least this time it suddenly decided to work. The last time I had to call tech support, which costs $30. The website gives you inaccurate information and out-of-date pictures. The remote never displays the messages they say you will get when trying to pair these devices. The bulletin board is full of people with the same problem, and there are comments about the FAQs being inaccurate goinig back 3 years. There is no email help from Logitech.

• Rr
      20th of Feb, 2010
    Logitech - Logitech 350 Headphones with Mic POORLY DESIGNED!
    California
    logitech.com

Headphones poorly built. Several internet postings from owners complain of fragile wires breaking from normal use. Here's the problem: Usual, large guage USB wire, on one side of a volume control dangle from a much-thinner wire on other side of volume control, which lead to one of the two earphones. They are so fragile, that the weight of the heaver wire eventually pull on thinner wire, snapping the ultra thin wires inside. When I disassembled the unit to repair it (I have eight years electronics training), a second problem emerges: The actual connecting wires inside the tiny wire cable (about 1/3 size of the thinnest dental floss) are only painted with tinted paint to insulate them from each other, instead of typical insulation! Eventually, movement (which is what headphone cables do) causes the wires to wear away the ultra-thin colored coating, and short-out. Really cheap, and really stupid design and manufacturing. In my 38 years of electronics experience, this is the cheapest, most failure, or "assured obsolescent design on anything I've seen yet. They sell these Headphones for about $35-60/each. Look up all the complaints from people after owning them only a few months. They all fail the same way. It's an opportunity for a class-action suit from everyone who paid for these and are going to be ripped-off when the bare wires short-out, or break.

• Rr
      20th of Feb, 2010

Another way big companies make cheaply-made and poorly-designed products, which have planned obsolescence or failure by design incorporated in their product. Most people don't have the technical skills, equipment, or time to repair these things (in fact, many items are purposely made so dis-assembly is almost impossible; or a factory sticker is affixed to void warranties if removed to get access to the screw-head beneath). The producers of these products (which will fail, in an average timespan of normal use) make most the things we buy today, to keep the consumer (you) having to spend more each year to replace the products you bought to use. And most of these high-tech things are big bucks, proportionately.

Are there laws to require better products to be made? There are...the problem is they only govern the condition the product is in when it leaves the factory and is tested for quality. Of course, everything works fine at that time. And, the manufacturers aren't losing big on warranty repairs or returns. They bank on you misplacing that receipt, or not bothering with the huge hassle to drive to the only warranty repair center, and deal with all the shipping costs, and red tape involved. Great country huh? The sheer volume of manufacurers' poorly-made products are too much for our skimpy, understaffed state and federal consumer offices to deal effectively with them. Their heaviest blows, which sometimes net millions, pale in comparison to their gross profits. Which is why CEO's snatch rediculous yearly bonuses, before closing a company, only to reopen under a different name, thus legally avoiding prosecution for rip-offs their company caused (which technically doesn't exist anymore). But the actual people exist. Just go and try to find out the names of the actual people who run and own some of these companies. Sure, famous companies have well-known names, but 90% stay obscure and safe from us, the consumer.

If you want better products, then lobby for better laws. Laws that require accountability, years after a product was made. Laws that make every name from the designer; the owners; the stockholders and every single person involved in manufacturing, PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE. Hold everyone accountable for their involvement, years afterword. I guarantee you will suddenly see better everything coming our way. Because when people can be financially impacted, or even jailed for something they helped to make (even if they have moved on to other companies or careers), they will be very very careful about what they do, and how they do it. But shouldn't all of us do our utmost to do things you can be proud of, instead of ripping each other off?

• Ji
      15th of Oct, 2010
    Logitech - Unprocessed submission of rebate
    New York

I submitted forms and UPC code to claim a rebate on this item which was purchased from newegg.com
    I mailed it with delivery notification.
    Logitech never sent me an email confirmation of receipt.
    I phoned logitech's service rep. She said, mail my xeroxes and original of UPC code.
    Of course, I don't have the original of the UPC code since that was submitted.

This is clearly a corporate scam.

I shall try suit in local small claims court, which will cost me more than the rebate, but at least
    will render a judgment against Logitech. They we'll see if they ignore the court's notification.

It goes without saying that I won't purchase logitech products again, either personally or through
    my consulting firm.

• Ek
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Logitech - Logitech Digital presentation pointer
    Chennai
    India

Hi
    I received consignment on 9th Feb for the digital presentation pointer when I open the packet I found ON / OFf button not working .

Kindly look into this and replace the consignment immediately

Regards
    Ekta Yadav

• Eu
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Logitech - K800
    Hammonton
    New Jersey
    logitech.com

We just purchased that keyboard before Christmas at Best Buy and some keys: "N" and "Enter" fell off. It fell off since April. Is there a company warranty for this product? Because we did not buy the warranty plan at Best Buy.

• Wa
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Logitech - G502 Spectrum Cre Gaming Mouse
    United Kingdom

The mouse is defective (right-click button not working, nor is the centre scroll wheel) and is still under warranty. Reported this three weeks ago and have still had no response/resolution.