L'OccitaneExtremely Poor Customer Service

I received a gift card for this company from my very best friend for my birthday. I went online to L'Occitane's website and ordered a product. The amount of the order was slightly more than the value of the gift card so I paid the balance with my credit card. I entered the gift card number and credit card number when placing the order and both numbers were accepted. A day or two later I received an email from the company on January 13, 2015 saying:

Dear Valued Customer,

Your order is on HOLDPAY due to an automated invoicing issue which means your credit card has not been billed.

We can replace the order for you by resubmitting the credit card information(which you would provide) or we can cancel the order.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed. If we do not hear from you at [protected], your order will be canceled on 1/16/2015.

I called on 1/15/2015 to resubmit the order. When doing so, they asked for the gift card number. Well, I used the gift card on the order and threw it away because, well, it no longer had any value, right? They would not resubmit the order without the gift card number which they apparently don't store in their computer system when you use it for an order. I have spoken with customer service 3 times now without success. I am being told that it my fault that I am out the gift card amount and despite the fact that they KNOW that I used a $25 gift card for the order, they are refusing to resubmit the order without a number. So no gift card and no product. I can't believe that this company stays in business. They have basically stolen my gift card and are telling me it's my fault. I do a lot of online shopping and I have NEVER seen a company that is this dishonest; I will never do business with this company and if you are considering doing so yourself, buyer beware.

Dr