LocalNet / Watch your credit card statements
We moved 9 months ago. Called and cancelled our service with LocalNet (ISP) last June. Asking them specifically if we needed to do anything else. Nope...we were set! (They did NOT request a letter at this time)
Fast forward to yesterday. We get a bill claiming we owed the for January and February of... this year. (6 Months after we had moved to a different address.) Their story was that they had put our account on HOLD for six months...(why would we put it on HOLD when we were moving out of the house) so that was not true. When we told them this then they said..."Oh, then we didn't get a cancellation letter." They did not ask for it when we cancelled and why would they put it on hold if we had not contacted them to cancel in the first place.
Now they send a letter of demand... threatening to take us to court if we do not pay $37. Bully tactics and I'm mad. It's not a lot of money but it is fraudulant business practice and it turns my stomach. They figure the little guy will just pay and be done with it.
Please research LocalNet and watch your credit card statements.
More LocalNet Complaints & Reviews
- LocalNet.com - Unfair charges 
- Localnet Internet Service Provider - This company needs to be put out of business! 
- LocalNet - Abusive Business Practices 
- LocalNet - NEVER DO BUSINESS W/ THIS COMPANY 
- LocalNet - Cancellation 
- Localnet.com Internet Service - customer care/service
- LocalNet Internet Services - product and dial up service
- LocalNet - access to internet
- LocalNet - Misleading to Consumers
- LocalNet - unfair billing