Local Lighthouse / wont stop billing me

1 13681 Newport Ave. Tustin, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-370-8231

They keep billing me and will not stop... So here is what I did...

1. The product I was verbally sold was not what I received. I spent a lot of money and they did nothing for me.
2. Because I was sold under false pretense from their sales people who push very hard for the sale.
3. Because of this, we as consumers are not liable for any agreement that was signed. Period. Dont let them scare you.
4. Call your bank asap. They are on your side. Cancel your credit card and do charge backs with your bank. I did the last 3 payments myself.
5. As of this point they can do nothing to you. Dont let them scare you.
6. If they persist, just turn them into the ftc/fcc - these are consumer complaint organizations that help consumers.

Jo
Apr 22, 2015

Comments

22nd of Apr, 2015

Michelle Lagana
    4 weeks ago
    Horrible experience with this company. After 7 months with Local Lighthouse, we were still on page 3. When I tried to cancel the service, I was kept on hold and thrown around to 3 different people for over 30 minutes so far. I'm currently STILL holding while the "manager" writes her "report" and then transfers me to accounting! Ridiculous

Amy Flaherty
    in the last week
    At this point, I am very frustrated with Lighthouse. I own a cleaning business that cleans both homes and autos and wanted them to take my existing webpage and make it google friendly and basically help me grow my business. They guarantee great success and marketing with a professional team that builds, writes and edits the web to make it live and be number one on the first page of google within 90 days. They have not done anything they promised. They produced a very pathetic, unprofessional design of my business web page, and when I gave them simple instructions how to improve and change it, they simply could not do as I asked. I have had to email them several times, be on the phone for hours with them in order to fix simple grammar issues and relate my frustrations with them. They even posted my own email instructions straight to my live website...its ridiculous. I would say do not trust them to give you a website that you have no personal access to for changes, improvements or any of the like because they do not follow directions, requests or simple understandings of basic grammar on a web site. They make us look incompetent as if we do not know our own profession. Do not hire!

Kota Lewis
    a week ago
    I signed up for their service, thinking I would get a professional website, professional service, and less stress on me with those aspects. This company robbed my business of approx. $700. The website they built for me was joke and it looked as if 10 year old developed it. I'm not sure what kind of web designers they have working for them. Communication with them is very difficult and time consuming. When you want to cancel your service, expect to be on the phone for 60+ minutes, as they try to encourage you to stay with the company. I had to talk to 4 people to cancel and had a cancellation fee of $450. As far as getting ranked on google, they have to use certain key words on the web site that they make to be on the top 10. Some of their wording is just ridiculous. If you are serious about growing your business, do not deal with this company.
    Jannelle Moore

I wish I could give them 0 stars. They just called me, while I was on the phone with them, I luckily found this page of reviews. I said I had to talk to my husband about it and he kept trying to get me to sign up without talking to him first. He said that if I didn't sign up now, he was going to call the next photographer on the list and that their name would come up first on Google instead. I was never planning on talking to my husband about it because after reading this I was like 'hell no' anyway as soon as I said I had to talk to my husband again the guy hung up on me.
    Rodger Whiting
    in the last week
    In the 40 years I have been in business I have never had such bad service from a company that I was having dealings with. They did not produce the results promised. We had not one customer enquiry in 6 months and when this was brought to their attention they blamed our web site. When closure of the account was attempted they refused and kept us on the phone arguing. These people are rude and should be removed from business. I advise anyone looking for SEO services to look elsewhere.
    Elias Curtis's profile photo
    Elias Curtis
    a week ago
    This company said they are the number #1 SEO company in the nation. We got turned down for being a web design company offering SEO and then was offered another deal to get back on with them. The lack of communication between their team was surprising. There are a lot of promises and flattery that sounds too good to be true. Not to mention the awful landing page templates they have you choose. Find a good SEO company in your area that can actually show you results and prove they are the real thing with high ratings and a good reputation. Do your homework first before committing to any contracts for $99/month. These guys have bad reviews across other platforms as well.
    Kevin Jordan's profile photo
    Kevin Jordan
    2 weeks ago
    This company uses an auto-dialing service that calls local businesses and tries to pass themselves off as Google. I thought I had finally got myself removed from their calling list, but then I started getting calls AGAIN from a number with a different area code. Very annoying and unprofessional, as well as possibly illegal as far as telemarketing laws are concerned.
    Jared Edwards's profile photo
    Jared Edwards
    4 weeks ago
    This is a scam. They called claiming to be a part of Google's Google+ team and that my listing wasn't claimed. I decided to play along and see where it took me. After I had learned enough about how much of scam it was, I called them out on it and they became sheepish and admitted they didn't actually check to see if my listing was claimed. I also confronted them about their claim that they can put a business on the first page of Google. The salesman became unresponsive and I asked them to remove me from their call list. Also, I find it awfully ironic that a company claiming to help people with Google+ listings doesn't even have a claimed listing of their own.