LIRR / horrible service
This is very upsetting - I moved out east to Long Island from Queens NY and my experience riding the LIRR in just a little over month is really disheartening. Every week there are at least 2 incidents of train "derails" or "technical problems" or "frozen tracks" or whatever they come up with next - that delays my commute home from Manhattan after a very long day at work! The cost of transportation is really high - over $250 a month for both my husband and for myself- tgats over $500 not to mention the fact that you still have to pay gor subway transportation if you dont work in Penn station. This is a pretty significant cost - one you would expect is high enough that they can at least provide good, reliable service at least for the majority of the month! It's not just the delay that upsets me but it's the fact that the poor LIRR system is what is keeping me away from my son. It's the difference in seeing him for those 40 mins a day before he goes to sleep vs not seeing for another 24 hours. There has to be some grounds for a lawsuit here- I'm certain I'm not alone - it's just that we all keep quiet an things continue as they are. I'm not keeping quiet.
More LIRR Complaints & Reviews
- MTA-Long Island Railroad (LIRR) - senior/disabled fares on morning trains 
- LIRR - lirr 
- Njt / Lirr / Mta Penn Station - men's restroom deplorable unsafe 
- LIRR - delays - suspended service
- LIRR - noise and horn honking 
- Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] - she threatened me to pay on the train.
- Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] - the conductor
- Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] - 3:56 train to ronkonkoma from atlantic terminal
- Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] - train schedule change from montauk to jamaica
- Long Island Rail Road [LIRR] - unreasonable service