Lincare

4.55
Lincare
Bartlett, Tennessee
lincare.com
Lincare representative insisted c-pap had no out of pocket expenses, and deductible was being waived. about six months later, i began receiving bills, then phone calls. when i talked to corporate customer service, and told them of the local conversations about deductible waivers, no out of pocket expenses, etc. and that i was not paying the bills, felt like i had intentionally been deceived regarding cost and that they were to come and get the machine, i was told that they would immediately stop billing and send someone out to get machine. i told them i was calling my insurance company (bcbs) and telling them not to pay another dime, and to get the machine. Didn't hear anything for a few months, and then billing and calls continued, and still, no one came to get the machine. Then six months later, the bill jumped from $311 to over $800. They HAD stopped billing the insurance company, but continued to bill me (but now, instead of 20%, the full 100% even though I had insurance coverage). I guess they didn't want BCBS to find out about their deceptive and fraudulent practices so they just stopped billing them. These people should be ashamed. They will tell you whatever you want to hear, just to leave their equipment with you. Then, they lay low for a while, let the expenses accumulate, and then start hitting you with bills. It's such a shame and I hate that they are praying on the sick and elderly. I'm filing with the BBB (of which they aren't members, of course), and intend to notify the Attorney General and Consumer Affairs. Be very wary. It's not uncommon for medical supply company's to assume deductibles of durable equipment (I have a friend who sells expensive custom wheel chairs $40, 000+), but this company appears to have a disconnect with what their representatives are doing and the insurance company and their billing department. I told them almost a year ago to get this unit out of my house and it's still here and they are still billing me for it. Be very careful of this company!
Complaint comments Comments (18) Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges

Comments

N  16th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
This Lincare is really a rip-off and fraud-scam company. They keep on charging me on a bipap and a cpap which both don't work. I returned it back to them and they still claim I owed them like $860 for the bipap. It is such a fraud and scam company. I wish the government will close them up and make the company refund every single penny back to the people they overcharged and cheated.
A  20th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
When I saw an employee bring oxygen home, there was a phone number on one of the forms they gave us in a folder. I think it's on that legal consent form but there is a corporate number you can call and complain to and let them know if they don't follow up on your complaint, that you will file a claim. They like to hide the fact that you don't have a number to call for complaints but you do. If you can't find that number, there is also a corporate number you can call. Don't call the office. When we tried that, the center manager never returned our call. You need to go to the top of Lincare to get any results I am afraid. Their corporate number is CORPORATE DIRECTORY

Correspondence may be sent to Lincare's Corporate offices as follows:

Lincare Holdings Inc.
19387 U.S. 19 North
Clearwater, FL 33764
Facsimile: (727) 532-9692

The following Lincare officers and employees may be reached at our Corporate office:

John P. Byrnes
Chief Executive Officer
Shawn Schabel
President and Chief Operating Officer
N  20th of Aug, 2011 by    +1 Votes
pull out the folder they gave you when you signed up. There should be a 1-800 number for complaints and trust me, as soon as we called that, the office my family got this equipment from called us right away. It's a number Lincare doesn't want you to have. It's on the consent form you signed.
N  30th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
So, you didnt take the machine back to the office yourself? Seems to me that if it was such a big deal, you would throw it through their window... I'm not so sure this is a "lack of transportation" type of case. Jonathon A. Guerche, J.D., Attorney at Law.
N  30th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
I'm not sure what "lack of transportation" you are referring to. My issue with Lincare is that they (their representative)fraudulently informed us that they were "absorbing" the deductible, and that there was no out of pocket expense; that insurance covered the unit 100% after the deductible (which they were absorbing). Then, six months after having the unit, they began billing. Lincare states that after six months, the insurance company considers the unit "owned", and that's why they started billing. They also told me that "we used to absorb the deductible, but we don't do that any more." Whether you consider this a legal issue or not doesn't concern me. I want to inform people NOT TO TAKE THE WORD OF A LINCARE REP CONCERNING YOUR FINANCIAL OBLIGATION. THEY WILL LIE AND SAY ANYTHING TO GET YOU TO TAKE THE UNIT. And you won't know it's a lie until six months later, when they start billing you.
A  10th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
I had precisely the same experience and finally took the machine back to them myself although I had been told not to lift over 20 pounds. I had called them repeatedly to get it but they would not. When I took it back they told me I couldn't without a doctor's permission which we all know is blatantly untrue.
I received a final billing and sent them a check on which was written pyt. in full in the memo column. No further billing was ever sent. None should have been as no service was provided at all after the machine was returned,
Now more than a year later I am getting dunned by a collection agency. When I contacted them regarding this as told them I had the cancelled check to prove it was paid, I was told that they would try to collect anyway.
They sent further correspondence where Lincare claims that that bill was for an earlier period and that the money was still owed.
As you can see there is no way to deal with them. Apparently I will have to get a lawyer. I do know that the medicare carriers will no longer do business with them and we have to use a company that is located about 85 miles from us.
You will find an article online where the company pays 3.15 million to end an investigation of its practices in California.
N  27th of Dec, 2011 by    +1 Votes
If you can't get anywhere with Lincare and need to reach CHAP who audits them. They will take care of you problem guaranteed 1-800-656-9656. Just call them if you aren't able to get what you want or know is right at the office. Try asking for the center manager first. Let the center manager know that if he or she doesn't do the right and ethical thing that you will be contacting CHAP. Trust me, they don't want to deal with CHAP!
N  9th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
DEAR WHO EVER.
I HAVE TALKED TO A BARBA IN YOUR BILLING DEPT. SHE WAS VERY RUDE, AND SARCASTIC. I HOPE THAT SHE DOESN'T TALK TO ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS THE WAY SHE TALKED TO ME. IF SHE TALKED TO ME AND I HEARD HER I WOULD FIRE HER ON THE SPOT. SHE CAN NOT TALK TO PEOPLE THE WAY SHE TALKED TO ME. I WAS VERY UPSET & MAD AFTER TALKING TO HER MY FACE WAS SO RED. I HAD TO COOL OFF BEFORE I COULD TALK TO ANYBODY ELSE. I HOPE YOU OR YOUR COMPANY DOES SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. DON'T LIKE IT WHEN SOMEONE PUTS ME DOWN LIKESHE DID. I AM GOING TO GO TO SOMEONE ELSE FOR MY OXGEN FROM SOME ELSE THATS HOW UPSET SHE GOT ME. I COULD WRITE MORE, BUT I AM GETTING MAD DOING THIS I WILL QUIT. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT : askforme34746@hotmail.com I WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU TOOK CARE OF THIS PLEASE REPLY BACK.

CHARLES BOWLES

PS.
THE PEOPLE IN COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO TOOK GREAT CARE OF ME.
N  12th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I waited over 24 hours to send this complaint, hoping to cool down. I have been getting my oxygen for a few years from you. My regular delivery day is Tuesday. As it happens, I have had a standing commitment on Tuesdays long before I started using oxygen. I have always asked for a "before 1:00 delivery" for my supplies. For the most part it has been no problem. This past Tuesday, July 10, I did not get my delivery until after 8:00 PM. I had to miss my Tuesday afternoon appointment; I waited all day, with never a courtesy phone call to let me know what was going on. I called about 5:00 and was told he would be there. I called at 7:00 and was told he would be here. I have never seen such total disregard for a customer or the things people have to do beside wait for someone who doesn't show up. I could have gone to my appointment and been back twice in the time it took him to get here. Then I found out he was from the Washington, DC area and came to Owings Mills after he finished his own route. He never got the ticket until 4:00. And then they sent small tanks because they ran out of the ones I use. Horrible, just horrible!!! Eleanor Luna
A  5th of Oct, 2012 by    +2 Votes
Lincare sent me a bill for $468 for a "maintenance fee' but the claim to BCBS was submitted as 'equipment purchase'. This oxygen machine was paid for 4/11/07 per BCBS. Every January and July since the purchase price was met in 2007 Lincare submits a claim for 'equipment purchase' in the amount of $468 each claim. If BCBS doesn't pay for a claim Lincare will re-submit the claim. My bills say 'maintenance fee' but subitted to the insurance as 'equipment purchase'. I have called this to the attention of BCBS years ago but they still continue to pay 80% of this bill. LINCARE NEEDS TO BE DROPPED AS A MEDICAL SUPPLIER. THEY ARE CHEATING EVERYBODY.
N  15th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
Lincare in Lamar, CO, is not or cannot do the job required. The doctor increased my dad's oxygen, he was on hospice at the time, It took them over a day to bring a second machine. The y-connector broke Christmas morning and we called to get it replaced. It took Lincare over eight hours to respond. We found one by catching up with another supply company who happened to be delivering supplies to a friend on O2 and they GAVE us 3 new connectors. When Lincare finacalledlly showed up with the connector, the gentleman, opened a panel on the O2 machine to show us the spare connector!!! No one EVER showed us a compartment and they didn't ask if we'd checked the copartment when we called. Dad had been using the portable tank AND one machine, with 2 attachments in his nose, when everything should have been fine. Dad passed on 30 Dec and then it took them over a week to pick up the equipment. A family in mourning should never have to look at those machines after the day of death. If anyone we know ever needs medical supplies we will use a different provider. Mom is watching the medicare charges to make sure they do not pay for a single day after 30 Dec.
A  21st of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
I have had Lincare for over a year.. probably longer. If it was not for my driver/delivery man I would have quit long ago.
They are unorganized, give the impression they could care less whether you get the Oxygen you need to live or not, do not return phone calls nor answer their phone. Actually, this morning, the Denton Texas office is forwarding all calls to an answering service at 9:00 am. Called back at 9:30 am and got same answering service????
The supposed operations manager is no better. I will just call him a waste of space and leave it at that.
I HAVE to change O2 companies as Lincare does not take the Insurance I changed to on 1/1/2013 for the specific reason of getting my prescriptions ALL covered and co-pays lowered. When I called Lincare to tell them of this changr it was THEM that informed I would have to change companies. Well, no matter how many times my information has been requested by my new company (LPM's, equipment, etc), Lincare has yet to inform them of these needs even though someone from Lincare Corp called me Thursday 1/17/2013 and asked if Lincare had removed my equipment yet? I told that person no and they need not try until I have new service in place.
This morning at 9:31 am Texas time, 10:31 a, Florida time I left a message for what I was told was the CEO however that is not who's voice mail I got. Even their Corp Offices are upside down... UGH!
N  21st of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes
As a former employee who just recently left, I can tell you that outofair is right on target - even if you DO take it back yourself, there is always the argument that they are going to 'hide' behind that they can't just officially 'take it back' without a discontinue order from the MD. However, just to make sure and inform everyone, there IS a way around that, which is to state you want to sign an AMA form (against medical advice, the same type of thing you'd sign if you were in the hospital and wanting to leave before the attending physician says you're ok enough to leave.) So, Mr. Gueche, JD, I don't know if you know anything about the medical field, given that you are a JD, NOT an MD, but this is how it is. And the part about signing the AMA form is for everyone to know so they don't get 'held hostage' by Lincare in regards to getting a d/c order from your doctor. That is NOT the only way out, just as an FYI, and it's NOT something Lincare is going to tell you, b/c they are pretty much a bunch of criminals.
N  4th of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
Jill johnson his the worst customer service that I ever seening.i have been customer service for nine years.she has a bad attitude. When jill johnson got mad when I tried to explain something to her she got mad and slap her leg.if u lincare has that type of people working for there company then she needs to talked to about her anger.i would never get mad at someone that is trying to explain something to me.
D  11th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
Sept 11, 2015
The above complaints are a mystery to me. Lincare may have had issues earlier on but, I can't complain about my service one bit. The people who contact me from Lincare are pleasant and caring. I am also treated kindly and with respect. I had a different company for my c-pap supplies and I became frustrated and angry. The complaints above sound more like my former company. I waited 8 months for my supplies. They kept saying this or that was missing from my compliance. My respiratory therapist and nurse were getting upset because they had sent the information numerous times and even spoke to the manager of the local office who reassured them I was indeed compliant and should receive my supplies soon. Well, 8 months is not soon. I couldn't be happier with the service I receive from Lincare. Thank you to all of you who make this company work as a team.
Gloria Kinney, Milwaukee, WI
N  10th of Jun, 2016 by    +1 Votes
I had a surgery and needed to use their machine. They picked up the machine 7 days later and kept charging me for 1 year. I could not get thru to anyone. No one responded to my calls and numerous complaints. I sent letters and was still charged for this garbage. I could have bought that same machine for how much they charged me.
N  27th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
My issues are with their whole demeanor, st arting from not being able to even get emergency help when I was given an order for Oxygen on a Friday morning, never got O, called number and no answering machine. Called the next state(I am 1 mile from border, and thier weekend emergency manager tried to call for me. NO answer machine. Called corporate, finally got hold of someone, on Monday, afternoon, I received Oxygen, BUT no form oer official papers to sign. Now (3 months later, our smaller office is moving to big area 40 miles away. No information or regulations sent out, only what our deliveryman tells us. (NOT fair to both client and service people. ) Also, we are told to keep day "free", to be there for delivery. ad nauseum. People are not supposed to be pawns to corporate needs, without any recourse or help, or polite answers on phone.
A  24th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes