LifeTime Fitness / misleading & unprofessional sales force

1 MN, United States Review updated:

All the sales people at Lifetime Fitness blow crap out of their mouth to make people buy into their story. Unfortunately, when you realized the stuff isn't true you get mad and realize Lifetime Fitness does not value the customer nor the prospect. It is a churn and burn operation and consumers should avoid this organization.

Before I signed the paperwork in Minnesota location the salesman kept mistalking himself so I asked for a manager. The manager came in and apologized and said that most of what the sales rep was saying was not the current "special and mispoke". So I walked away and as I was leaving I heard him say thanks for wasting my time.

When I complained all I received was a half ### apology from the sales manager. Again, no customer attention here...all staff and company profits first.

I came back with a buddy two weeks later as a guest and I saw the same guy lying to another prospect about all the benefits and low fees. Amazing how Lifetime Fitness did not take any actions for this guys behavior.

Save your time and find some other facility to work out at.

Comments

6th of Aug, 2009

When I joined they asked for my banking information, and I said I would be paying monthly with a check. They said they needed it on file so that they can accept my checks. They reassured me that there would be no automatic withdrawals from my acccount unless it was past the 10th of the month. I did not sign paperwork authorizing automatic withdrawals either. Yet they deducted my dues via automatic electronic withdrawal on the 4th of the month already! Lying rip off jerks. I called the bank to report it as fraud. I called the club manager who is 'gone for the day'. I am ready to cancel and get my money refunded or I will go to the attorney general.

• Me
      15th of Dec, 2009

As a former employee with LTF, I can tell you that literally all employees, even the 16 year old that swipes your card, has access to your credit card. If you have a card on file, we can charge you at any time for anything. I have personally known trainers who at the end of the month have not hit their sales goal, will "accidentally" run someone's credit card for training, only to refund them in a few months.
    This is what happens when a company does not pay their employees. Employees will do whatever it takes, regardless of legality, to pay their rent.