LifeTime Fitness / child care and pool facilities are fake!

Lifetime advertises this wonderful childcare facilities and fell for it! What they do not tell you is when the child care is slow they close down the climbing gym or computer room for the children!

So when we go my daughter is told she cannot play on the climber! She left crying and the next day on the way to the gym she kept asking over and over again will she be able to play on the climber . After, weeks of them limiting what the children can use and play with I got fed up and complained.

The manager did not care and said that we do not staff when it is slower (25 or less children) so I was out of luck.

Lifetime falsely advertises the child care. That is what sold me to join, so my daughter can have a great time while I work out. However, she is left sad and crying.

I cancelled my membership and joined a gym that was less expensive and follows through with what they promise.

Comments

• Oo
      6th of May, 2007

Life time sucks they dont care, never go to the salon they say all natural products, no they not, i had bad scalp danderfiff, when i came from there, and when i complained the manager he was so rude to me, i canceled my membership and will never go back there

• Lt
      26th of Sep, 2007

Must have been your LTF. The daycare in my facility has the computer area open even if there is one child playing. I have been there at times that there were 5 kids in the room. This was in Warrenville, IL. My beef is with the $6 per child fee increase they are imposing on every family membership!!!!

• Ta
      11th of Dec, 2007

Has to be your gym. Just like the Warrenville club the one here in Omaha keeps all area open regardless of the "population" at the time. And in regards to $6... This is more than reasonable. try to find another facility that gives you everything life time does for $6 a month. You could always pay a babysitter $10/day to watch your kids at home if $6/month is too much. I love the club and could not be happier.

Tammy in Omaha.

• Mi
      29th of Jan, 2010

It will all catch up with LIFETIME FITNESS. I think it is already, I have had two mailers "$0 to join". They don't care how it is ran! It is the numbers!

• Do
      10th of Mar, 2010

My lifetime in Algonquin, IL sent me home twice for forgetting the new form that they are now requiring when I bring my friend's daughter with me (who is also a member). They refuse to just keep the form on file since the child is a friend of my daughter's and comes with us quite a bit. They also won't allow kids under 12 anywhere in the fitness center after 8pm. My daughter needs to work on her cardio for her asthma (doctor's orders) and can't because they won't let her in the work-out area AT ALL, they won't let her in the pool with me after 8pm, and they don't have the rock wall open that late. I don't get home from work until about 6pm, so 7:30 is about as early as I can get to Lifetime on weeknights. I pay a lot of money for them to put so many restrictions on my and my kids!

I need to find a different health club that will provide more for my kid than lifetime claims to!

• Co
      5th of Jun, 2010

[censor] lifetime fitness, the pools are always closed "due to lightning" whenever there's a storm a couple of miles away. Even though the skies are clear outside they won't let you use the pool.

24th of Feb, 2017

Keep your kids home! We don't want to listen to your brats, nor do we want their #### filled diapers in our pool. Lifetime "FITNESS" is a place to workout, not play with your kids. Take them to a water park instead! Personally, I'd pay double the price I currently pay, to have it 21 and over. A nice clean and modern atmosphere, comes at a price people If you can't afford it, WORK HARDER at life, or go PLAY at the facility within your trailer park.