LGI Homes / customer service, false pretencies, false advertising

1 2109 Freeman Rd Lovejoy GA, Lovejoy GA, United States Review updated:

This company have a huge billboard on Hwy 19/41 in Lovejoy, GA stating new homes 0 down, when you come by their offices they all greet you like if you were a star, they go thru their spill of lies using pictures advertising hanged on a wall in what I like to call "the kill floor", after a few questions and the mistake that most people make when looking for a home (give them your personal info) they come with big smiles and say congratulation you are a new home owner, they even have a guy that supposed to be an ex banker and their mortgage expert/finance manager telling you this is great, right in front of you tells the salesman "this is a great deal" move forward! After that they show you the home you like, still no price, square footage or info, all you get is we are 30 days out on closings and 45 days on building. Are you serious? when ask for home price they say our approach is different, how much you want your payments to be? they take that info, and how much you make and then come with a figure of how much your payment is going to be and how much the home will cost you. Everyone that look at the house and provide the numbers will get a different price and payment for the same home. Hummmm sound like a scam, and believed me when I tell you we found the hard way. After running my spouse and mines credit once they ran again and then sent to the mortgage person (iMortgage) which ran again, on our case they cause my score to drop below 580, and tried to blame something else on my FICO scores, I contacted the bureaus(all 3) and I was advised that because of the pulls my score drop 11 points, nothing else cause the drop.
when confronted with they stated or we will still help you. Not to mention that we provided all documentation and payment to hold interest and property within 2 days (weekend), the mortgage person never contact me but it supposed to be in contact with the salesperson and they both supposed to be helping me getting into home! I have already have a company looking after my credit, yes we didn't have perfect credit due to prior mistakes not to mention things had been taken care of, but 588/688 and spouse on 639/639 will guarantee a VA backed mortgage. This outfit all they want is shake and bake deal, don't know the programs available, they didn't even offer first time buyer! We gave them couple of weeks and nothing the calls drop, the attitude began. After 4 calls to corporate, 2 emails including 2 text messages to the salesman, I got a call on 02/15/16 rudely telling us to come by the office and sign a cancelation form and only then their VP will issue a check. I went by there today as schedule, the salesman that set the appointment was not there, the so call VP of operations, Construction Director and other executives were in the office not of them said hello or tried to explain or correct the issues, the secretary didn't acknowledge me just came back and told me I'll get your check. Wow that's what I call customer service... DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE WE MADE, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS SUBSTANDARD COMPANY, DO YOUR HOMEMORK GO ONLINE AND SEE ALL THE COMPLAINTS THEY HAVE, IN EVERY STATE THEY HAVE PROPERTY THERE ARE SEVERAL COMPLAINTS, AND THE ONES THAT BOUGHT HOMES FROM THEM NOW ARE SUFERING WITH THE QUALITY OF THE STRUCTURE, IT LOOKS GREAT WHEN NEW BUT AFTER 2 YEARS IT FALLS APART-- THER ARE KNOW IN THE INDUSTRY AS THE "PAPER MACHE BUILDER" HOPE THIS HELP SOME SOULS OUT HERE...

Al
Feb 16, 2016

Comments

• Er
      19th of Apr, 2016

Hi All!

The Ochoa's went into the office - the person in the office, tall thin guy with glasses was rude to the point of offensive and obnoxious, literally tossed the docs and offered no direction as to where to sign.

Someone should truly have a customer service conversation with him. No way to treat a customer, past present or future.

Please let me know if you'd like me to docusign something to the Ochoa's for you.