LG Canada / warranty service

1 Powell River, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

I purchased an LG dishwasher with a 2 year warranty. After 1 year the dishwasher stopped working. I've been waiting for a part to fix the dishwasher for 6 months now. I have called LG several times regarding this issue. They have done NOTHING!!! I have registered a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
DO NOT BUY LG APPLIANCES they do not full fill their warranty agreements!!!

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• To
      31st of Aug, 2018

LG never honours their warranty. A 4 month old fridge still has not been replaced after over 6 weeks. And they try to sell me extended warranty. Garbage. I bought the fridge in Canada with a 1 year warranty. The same fridge in the US has a 5 year warranty. Total fraud.

• Us
      12th of Dec, 2017

I bought a lg g5 cell phone had it for 1 month starting having problems with it I have sent it back 5 times know I paid 700 for it but they will send you a used pice of [censor] that don't work never again will I buy lg

• Rr
      23rd of Aug, 2016
    LG - Stolen Mobile phone
    India

My mobile was stolen from City Palcae museum workshop in Jaipur.

Model No: KP 500
    Date of Mfg: 02/2010
    Colour : Black
    IMEI : 359858-03-405697-6

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rituraj Singh

16th of Aug, 2016
    LG - Comet
    Dartford, England, Kent
    United Kingdom

I have both TV couple years ago, pay insurance every month for COMET and then the TV was brocken down they send ingeenier to look on it.First time he said and book colection for TV.Now I'm 4weeks without TV and no info whats next, just I know my TV is not repairable anymore.
    From last 2 weeks call them every day and the answer is TOMORROW.
    HEY GUYS DONT BUY ANY INSURANCE IN COMET - THIS NOT WORKING AS THEY PROMISE!!!
    Marcin

THE LG ELECTRONIC COMPANY, wishes to congratulate you on your success
    as one of our Ten (10) Star Prize Winner in this years International
    Awareness Promotion (IAP) held on 19th August 2009, in London. You are a
    proud
    winner of the sum of £1, 000, 000.00 GBP.(ONE MILLION GREAT BRITISH POUNDS)
    Contact him with your, Names: Address: Age: Occupation: Phone no: Country:
    Mr. Albert Gregory
    LG Claims Manager.
    E-mail:[email protected]
    Yours faithfully,
    Mrs. Janet Simon
    coordinator for LG ELECTRONIC Company.

11th of Aug, 2016

You have horrendous spelling and grammar for someone who is an executive

• Ji
      11th of Aug, 2016
    LG Electronics - Blue Ray Player Warranty
    L-G Electronics

Bought Blue Ray Player in May, 2010. Called about intermittent sound quality problems in July, 2010. Troubleshooting seemed to fix problem. Called again in October. Finally said "No more" to trouble shooting and made them take player in for servicing. Now they won't do anything without $69.00 labor fee. They conveniently do not have record of my first call in July which was within the 90 labor warranty period. From what I was told, not sure this would have mattered anyway.

• Go
      18th of Jul, 2016
    LG Electronics - The piece of junk broke after 10 months
    LG Electronics
    lge.com

I bought an LG lcd tv on 1-13-2008. The piece of junk broke after 10 months so I called their 800# for warranty repair. They claimed that they would send address labels to me to send the TV in for repair. I was patient and expected them to honor their word.The labels never arrived. I have been going around with them for most of a year, they never did send the address labels and now claim that because it has been so long they won"t honor their warranty. So basically they claim that because they have dithered for so long that they won't honor the warranty. Beware buying their products! They have no honor.

• Ra
    LG Electronics - MICROWAVE
    LG INDIA
    India

I HAVE COMPLAINED ON 26 TH SEPT TO LG AND ON 28 SEPT A ENGINEER MR KIRAN VISITED MY RES. CHARGED RS 276.00 SAID THE STARTSTOP BUTTON IS NOT WORKING AND HENCE THEPANEL NEEDS TO CHANGED THE PARTWILL BEORDERED AND IT IS NOT YET COME. i HAVE CALLED THE CALL CENTER AND NEVER GOT THRO THEM. tHE SMS GOES THRO WITH A THANK U FOR WRITNG TO US REPLY COMING IN FROM LG. THE EMAIL HELP DESK WRITES AND KEEPS SAYIMG WE SHALL LOOK INTO THE MATTER IT IS NOT OVER 3 WEEKS AND THE MICROWAVE REMAINED UNATTENDED TO. HOW LONG DOES IS TAKE LG TO SEND A PART FOR A MICROWAVE. DO THEY HAVE NO FOCUS ON AFTER SALES SERVICE ... I HAVE EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM WITH AN LG AC TOO WHICH TOOK 1 MONT H FOR GETIING REPAIRED AND NOW THIS TIME THE MICROWAVE. pL DISPLAY THE MSG AND SEND TO CONCERNED CELL TO HEP .THNX

• Da
    LG Electronics / Incite CT810 - Bad products and terrible customer service
    LG Electronics
    lge.com

I bought an LG Incite CT810 phone from AT&T. One day it would not turn on. I found that one of the battery connectors inside the phone was broken and not making contact so no power. I sent it to LG and they said it was because of abuse on my part. How can this be, I have taken the battery out maybe ten times and then only to reset the phone. The part that broke was obviously defective but LG will not stand behind their products.

I think LG makes attractive looking products but their manufacturing and QC levels are quite low.

I have no choice I will pay the $42 ransom for the phone and get on with my life.

My new life with no LG products :-)

• Ne
      14th of Jul, 2016
    LG - refrigerator/freezer, stove, washer, phone
    Wisconsin

I had a LG front load washer that was a lemon and my extended warranty replaced it after a few years. My LG stove had the electronic board go out so nothing worked and had that replaced within the first year or so. Also my LG refrigerator/bottom freezer is 4 years old and I am on the 5th repair call. The freezer is running 24 hours a day and the stuff in the freezer is thawing. It can not be fixed for 8 more days after 2 already. My food is spoiling and LG is very sorry but I have to deal with the place I bought it. And LG cell phones don't even get me started.

• Jr
      13th of Jul, 2016
    LG - Poor Quality
    LG
    Niles
    Ohio

Shortly after purchasing in 2006, this unit needed repaired as it would not recognize any DVD's --initially LG was charging us to repair, but sent our check back telling us it was a covered repair. now 3 years later it has the same problem and is unusable. This was an expensive top of the line unit and should last a lot longer than this -- very disappointed in the quality of this LG unit and will certainly not consider LG as we shop for a new TV.
    With this type quality and service, your company will soon suffer and fall from the top ranks of electronic companies -- sorry to say, very unsatisfied!!!
    I have had numerous communications with LG and have saved all of them -- amazingly the all sound the same and state that they are not automated but they are at the least semi automated as they all start the same "we take quality very serious..." but the fact is until they are held accountable they will continue to sugarcoat their replies--very poor quality and customer service--I will continue to share this with perspective buyers when ever i can in an attempt to keep customers away from LG

• Ra
      15th of Jun, 2016
    LG - Major collapse of LG Wash Machine – Just after 3 ½ years
    LG India
    India

Major collapse of LG Wash Machine – Just after 3 ½ years.

I am shocked to know a major collapse of my Wash Machine- Tub seems to be collapsed due to rust problem, as examined and reported by LG technician, Trivandrum.

This is further to my series of complaints regarding poor quality of your material which was replaced twice within this short span of 3 years, for such an expensive, so called " world class" premium product from LG- Front loading Fully automatic Wash machine, purchased on 06.01.2006.

As the WM tub seemed to be collapsed and stuck, I complained to LG services, Trivandrum. Subsequently technician examined the trouble and reported tub problem, which is due to rusting of internal parts. Estimated cost of repair is said to be Rs.2300/-

I am terribly shocked to hear such a problem for WM just after 3 1/2 years. I been using my semi auto WM ( W.Pool) for nearly 20 years that too without any major trouble except few servicing, My neighborhood Botch Wash ( Front load Fully Auto) Machine also working for last 15 years without much trouble.

So, request you to consider these facts and arrange to rectify the WM at your cost without penalizing me. Eagerly waiting for your kind reply on the matter at the earliest.

B.R.Nair, Cell : 91 9447 202100

• Is
      10th of Jun, 2016

Dear Sir
    I have locked a complaint on 8 September 2010
    My complaint no. is C1090826478 for my semi automatic washing machine i.e Under A.M.C
    It had been 16 days and none of the action had been taken so far and
    I am calling repeatability and my calls data's are follows
    1. 16/9/2010
    2. 17/9/2010 Called attended by Mr. Manoj
    3. 18/9/2010 Called attended by Mr. Neeraj
    4. 19/9/2010 Called attended by Mr. Mohindar/Divendar
    5. 20/9/2010 Called attended by Mr. Philip/ Ms. Shoba Pandey
    6. 21/9/2010 Called attended by Mr.Amit/ Ms. Preeti
    7. 22/9/2010 Called attended by Mr. Sahood
    8. 23/9/2010 Called attended by Mr.Deepak
    After these regular complaints when I asked them to connect me to their senior officers they put me on hold for a long period of time and I was not able to make contact with the on 19th Mr.Mohainder connected my call to his senior executive where he assured me within 24hours my complaint will be solved again
    Same on 20th Ms. Shoba Pandey called me and assured me about my complaint and it would be rectified within next 24 hours again on 21st Ms. Preeti assured me and the same process continued.
    Now I am running pillar to post nobody is answering my complaint.
    Sir, I am very sorry to say that for your esteemed company. I am not happy with your service and in future I would not buy any LG product.
    Please See to my matter.
    Thank you.

• Mr
      10th of Jun, 2016
    LG - job incomletion
    LG India

Dear Sir
    In life first time I have purchased a product of LG and that is a washing machine.After one and a half year on the PCB stopped working and the complaint was logged in in JAN 09 which was completed in FEB09 and that too not the original PCB was set but some other model substitute was fitted giving an excuse that lg has stopped this model and no part is available.FOR this I payed around 8000 RS. Any now again machine is out with PCB this time after 20 days they got the original PCB and after fitting the PCB same day as the machine was set to work the mcb of my house started tripping.Icalled Avinash the technician who visited my house had just gone down refused to attend the same saying that madam u pls login another complaint I will definetely visit tommorow.since 13 April and today it is 11th July till now nobody had come to solve the problem.Within 3yrs I have faced a lot of problem with such a bad company Lijke LG.Product as well as service part is allthe most worst.I have decided not buy any product of LG company since then.I have the reciept of purchasing as well, if matter not solved then will go the consumer court then.Thanx

• Bh
      4th of May, 2016

Could not agree more. BUYER BEWARE. Once LG gets your money, they instantly forget you. I purchased a $2, 000 washer and dryer set. 3 months later the dryer stopped working. I am now 5 weeks with no resolution. For anyone with 3 young kids at home, no dryer means a lot of time at the laundromat. I will not spend another Saturday at a laundromat simply because this company has no idea what customer service is. For anyone buying an LG product, I hope it never breaks. If it does, it is probably easier to throw it in the trash versus trying to get any service. Well... as least I used it for three months... so not all bad!

• Am
      3rd of Dec, 2015

Angry and Frustrated does not even come close to how I feel about LG. I have had the absolute worst customer service experience I have ever experienced with any company… EVER. Absolutely a waste of my valuable time as a mother a business owner.
    Here is the story: I bought an LG computer monitor for $600 from Amazon. The monitor broke after 4 months, just quit working altogether. I called LG. They told me to contact the Service Company in my area for LG, which is Boyd Electronics in Prince Albert, SK. He does not have an actual office, and works out of his home which is an hour away from here so I had to call him to arrange a pick up. I called, he never came… I called again, he came 3 weeks later. He dropped the monitor back off another three weeks later (and many phone calls from me asking where the monitor was). He said “I can’t seem to get it working, it works, and then dies, and then works and dies. I have put in a call to LG, they will be sending you a new monitor. If you don’t see it in a couple weeks give them a call.” He then left the broken monitor with us, which I felt was strange, but then thought... well I guess they have no need for a broken monitor so they want me to dispose of it… but I am going to hang on to it just in case.
    Two weeks went by, nothing came from LG so I called them. Told them the whole story. They said they had not received anything from the service provider (Boyd Electronics) and that I would need to contact him because he has to submit the paper work. I called Boyd – he said, “I never said I put in a claim, I told you to try out the monitor and if you have any more problems to give me a call.” We argued for a while – I said “of course its still not working! You dropped it off broken.” He said, “Ok, I will come back and pick it up and send it back for a replacement.” One week passed, I called him, he said he has been busy and that to be honest, to submit the claim was a lot of paper work for him and he just didn’t really have the time for it but he would try to come and pick up the monitor. Two weeks passed, I called him. He said he had been sick. Three weeks passed, I called him. He said he would try and get here that week. After that point I called LG and started complaining. This is your service provider, and you need to help me here. They said they would be trying to contact him and get back to me. I never heard back from LG. I called a week later. They said that they left messages with him and he will not return their phone calls. I asked LG what they could do about it now. I mean what am I supposed to do, I have to go through a service provider, but the service provider told me it’s too much work for him to do and he is refusing to pick up the monitor and send it back. LG told me there was nothing they could do, I would have to drive to the next closest service provider and drop it off. I said this is not good enough. you will have to do better. Every time I called I got a new reference number and they kept saying they would call me back (5 times). TWICE I called and they were supposed to do some type of action on the call and there was no record of me even calling. have spent over 5 hours on the phone with the customer service people, this has been going on for 4 months. When I said to the last LG rep on the phone that I have put 5 hours of my time into this, and I just beyond frusterated. He said to me “ok ma’am you are obviously exaggerating.” Everytime I call there are people laughing in the background. They said the same things over and over when I talk… “MMmmmhmmm…” “Ok Ma’am” “Very sorry ma’am”. I cannot tell you how frustrated and angry I am. I get a new story every time I call. Sometimes no one does anything when I call, sometimes they ask for more paperwork (want me to submit a receipt… again.) I am past the point of hating LG.. I absolutely despise you and it makes me so angry thinking about this situation.
    When I hear the recording on LG’s phone system… “your time is valuable” I scoff, Wow… really…… what a joke. I will be submitting a complaint with more detailed information to the Better business bureau of Canada and then we will see if we can get some results. I will NEVER but an LG product again in my life, and I seriously urge others to think twice about this company. They don’t care about your time, they don’t warranty their products, and they play games with you in hopes you will give up and they don’t have to warranty anything.

• Bj
      11th of Nov, 2015

LG appliances are garbage! One year after purchasing a LG fridge and wall oven, they broke down, thankfully purchased extended warranty, however that was a major pain and pathetic you have to buy extended warranty on products that LG should stand behind if they claim they make quality products! Had technician fix my fridge twice and my wall oven five times, they don't replace the appliances, they just keep coming out to fix so its a money maker for service industry. Just called as my LG dryer stopped working in one of my rental properties and spoke with LG Canada lady...guess where she is from???? The phillipines!!! Wow...will never purchase LG again. So much for Customer service and stop saying when you put me on hold forever, that my call is important to you because we both know...that it isn't.

• Gi
      17th of Sep, 2015

To whom it may concern,
    My name is Gillian Figueira, the reason I am writing u this letter is because on February 28, 2015, I went into target in Toronto, Ontario
    And bought a TV it was a 60’ and I paid $722.62 that was including tax. I took the money from my account, I used debit and now it is 6 months later and the TV stopped working. I contacted LG and told them the problem and they send someone out to fix it so the person said that he could not fixed it because they did not have the part and he will tell LG so I got a phone call from him saying that they approved the exchange and will be contacting me. I gave all the proof that I have of the TV I bought at target now LG is telling me that they are not going to replace my TV because I don’t have proof of purchase I showed them that it came out of my bank account and that is not good enough for them I called target in the states and they are giving me a hard time and said they can’t help me because they can’t find the purchase because target is no longer in Canada and then I called back LG and they are still giving me a hard time and will not exchange the TV or will not fix it and then they have the nerve to say if I go and purchase a TV and send them proof of purchase they will reimburse me 20% of the purchase price I am on Disability and can’t afford to go out and buy a TV every 6 months LG is not living up to their agreement of their warranty and neither is target. I contacted Sean O’Shea of global news and the came to my home and called them and spoke to them and still they did not budge so he put it on the 6:00 pm news. LG is not a good place to do business and they do not do what they promise they go back on their work I don’t think people should trust LG anymore they are a rip of and now I am out of $722.62, I am on Disability and it is hard to throw away money like that so my suggestion to anyone who is listen do not buy LG anymore because they are crooks and they lie to their customers and so is target. This has been going on since the second week in August back and forth with LG and target

Gillian Figueira
    [email protected]

¬-

• Su
      23rd of Jul, 2015

LG customer service is by far the worst I have ever experienced. I have spent many many many hours on the phone trying to have my LG washer and dryer repaired. DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS LIFE IS NOT GOOD WITH LG