Lens.com / Poor Customer Service

Sacramento, CA, US Review updated:

I had a experience where Lens.com had to order the contacts from the manufacturer and took forever to send them.

On August 10th, 2009, I placed an order with Lens.com and chose the standard shipping, expecting it to arrive within five to seven days.

The next day on August 11, 2009 Lens.com notified me that they had to order the lenses from the manufacturuer. That same day I sent an email follow up requesting that they upgrade the shipping free of charge since they would take the additional time to send me of cost. I thought that this would be an acceptable compromise solution.

On August 12, 2009, I received an email from Lens.com saying that they would not upgrade the shipping since they believed that they would be able to make the delivery within 10 business days. Specifically, they said: "I do apologize, we would not be able to upgrade the shipping free of charge since it is within the allotted time frame. It would have to be over the 10 business days before we could upgrade at no additional charge."

I was confused how they could make the delivery within 10 business days. So I followed up with an email asking how they could make the delivery given they needed to order from the manufacturer and then deliver it to me.

Then they finally gave a straight forward answer on the next day that said: " It can take 7-10 business days for us to receive them from the manufacturer and then 5-7 business days to reach you."

Basically, they admitted that under the best possible solution it would take at least 12 days for my contacts to arrive.

I called on August 17, to ask again that they upgrade the shipping. (I would have called earlier but work got int the way.) Again the refused to upgrade the shipping. But now they give a different reason saying that the order has been shipped and is on the delivery truck and would reach me by the end of the week. However, when I check online the order is still "processing."

They also say they have charged my card. A check with my credit card company does not reflect any charges yet.

So now I call them back and they say the charges should be reflected online before the end of the day and that I should receive an email confirmation that my order has been shipped.

I'm not sure what to believe from them. But I think I'll refuse the order when it arrives because of the poor customer service and purchase my contacts else where.

Comments

• Pa
      Dec 07, 2009

I am having the exact same issue. This is my 4th year ordering from them because, in the past, I have rec'd excellent service and a timely delivery. The CS rep tried to tell me that they have always had to order my contacts from the manufacturer, but until this year the contacts have always shipped to me within 4 days, normally 2 days. And that is according to my online account with them! When I pointed that out, they tell me (via email) that the order has has shipped. But as of today, the status of the order is still processing and my credit card has not been charged. They also stated that it would take 5-7 days to arrive. I can ship from the east coast to the west coast quicker using USPS. So why does it take their orders so much longer? I have tried to determine which state their are in, and I think they are in Nevada but they sure are not proud of who they are...no info at all on the website. This will be my last order.