Lease Finance Group / unauthorized billing

I was encouraged to sign a 4 year lease for a service that I did not need.

After several months of non use, I tried to get out of the contract and was told that I would have to pay out the lease, purchase the equipment which was comparable to paying out the lease or sublease the equipment to someone else for the remainder of the lease. After which the unit could be returned.

The agent was very rude and unyielding. I explained that my small business was out of business and I had had no sales all of 2008. It made no difference.

Ro

Comments

• Mi
      18th of Dec, 2008

They have a way of locking you into a lease and then after, you find out it is non cancellation. My ATM machine was stolen in a burglary, I was told the lease co. has insurance on them, they are now telling me I have to take another machine. In the mean time the are still pulling the lase payment from my account.

A small business gets hurt very bad from this, asked about what if business has to close their doors, they state you still have to make payment.

• Nu
      2nd of Feb, 2009

LFG is a ###ED up group of ### holes. My machine went bad, I returned it and they still dinged me. They would of course replace it but they will keep dinging you. In the end cancel your checking account then they can't ding your account! Screw them!

• Da
      3rd of Apr, 2009

Please contact them! They might be able to help us!!!

• Ev
      9th of Apr, 2009

The processing company ICON Payment Solutions starts by having you sign the contract and then they mail it to you. You are not given a choice of a machine or company. Lease Finance Group gives you the option to buy the processor but for the full 60 month contractual amount of $80 per month, bringing the total cost of this machine to over $5, 000. The same machine is really worth less than $500. There should be options to buy out sooner & not have to do the full 60 months.

There attitude is too bad, you signed the contract and just remind you that it is a non-cancellable lease. They don't leave any business or individual any choice but to file complaints against them for bad business practices.

• He
      27th of Apr, 2009

I posted a long comment just a few minutes ago on this board related to LFG, and the reason I'm writing to you is that I am taking LFG to small claims court and would appreciate anyone sending me what they can to help document the fraud that LFG brings to the market place. I signed a lease with them not knowing anything about credit card processing machines and they knew it. So they leased me what turned out to be a $149 machine for a total of about $ 3, 025.

I have paid them over $1, 000 and will not pay another dime. I tried to offer a settlement, and they played games on the telephone, using different names, and always telling me that the manager was not in but that I could leave a voice mail message. What they count on is intimidation, lack of knowledge about the industry, and your credit rating, which they love to destroy every day for those that don't comply with their lease.

Well, I have had enough and am taking it to the small claims court for the maximum amount they allow, which would be over and above the lease amount for LFG. I will post the results as an encouragement to any that care to know another way to deal these crooks a blow and help steer them out of business. Of course, we know how they operate, they just change their name and setup shop again in another state. Nonetheless, we need to keep after them with any technique or strategy that works. I filed with the Illinois Attorney General's office, but they have not resolved the situation yet and may or may not. I don't feel to wait any longer in the event that the end result with them is that I am still on a lease with LFG, which is entirely possible. They have been instrumental in getting LFG to cancel some of these "noncancellable" leases, but I don't know the overall record and would have no way to find out that information.

Henry

• St
      23rd of May, 2009

HENRY--attention...listen up...LFG will not go away. You file a complaint with Lisa Madigan Illinois attorney general. LFG won't quit till they eff you. I am here to help. it took me 25 months to be done with LFG. i will help you as much as I can.. jason balloon creations urbana illinois

• St
      3rd of Jul, 2009

Read my posts...get in touch with me if you want my help

• Ha
      28th of Aug, 2009

Henry, It was 5 yrs ago when I had signed a rental contract for a credit card machine with LFG. I remember a lovely couple entering my business, understanding my small business needs, and suggesting I sign a 1-year contract agreement for a month-to-month rental, with option to cancel at any time. They understood my “new" small business needs and suggested that this was a great deal, assuring me I would receive a copy of their paperwork, which I never did, even with future requests. After about a year of having some issues with the machine, I choose to discontinue my services, called the LFG and sent back the machine, as requested. On my next bank statement, I noticed a monthly LFG rate debited from my account. I began to call them, several times, and when I did get someone on the phone, they told me I was obligated to pay the full cost for the machine, thousands of dollars worth, or continue being charged monthly, for a year or two, (Unsure, it was a while ago).
    I was livid, and continued to call them, only getting voice mails and automated payment options. I sent a letter stating their unethical practices and charges, and reminded them about my original agreement with their "lovely sales representatives." When collections became involved, I explained my facts and choose not to pay the $1500 billed me. Unfortunately, today, during financing for a new car, I learned their $1500 had remained on my credit report, which if this were not there. I would have excellent credit standing.
    Yesterday 8/09, for the first time, I looked up the LFG information, and learned about thousands of customer complaints against the LFG. Words such as; "A Rip-off Company, Scam and Fraudulent etc..." Two pages of criticisms about the Leasing Financial Group. Henry, I acknowledge you for your bold actions and I would be very interested reading your results on this site. Sincerely, Hally NY

• Ti
      22nd of Mar, 2010

My business shut down 8 years ago, only 3 months after opening. I paid off my lease sent back my machine and never heard another word...until last week. There was a $1400 ACH withdrawal on my bank account. Now, there is nothing on my credit from them (because this was rectified years ago) I have had the same bank account the last 8 years and they never tried to withdrawal a dime until recently. It is obviously fishy because if I infact still owed them money (which I don't), having my banking information you would think they would have went after it yearssssssssss ago and put something on my credit report. I haven't even gotten letters in the mail. No contact with this company at all in 8 years. I called my bank told them it was an unauthrorized transaction. They refunded my money. After reading about LFG online I closed my bank account. I tried calling LFG the day it happened, I was told I needed to speak with Wendy Civil (1-800-683 5433 Ext 6442). I called and left messages and didn't hear back, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt this was an error. After reversing their transaction I got a call from them today go figure. I proceeded to tell them I got my money back and didn't need her assistance. Boy was she ever mad. Try to get the funds back from your bank, no court in their right mind would take their suits seriously. 8 years and nothing on my credit, and even if it did end up there, dispute it and make them send proof of debt, THEY DONT HAVE IT!!! Good Luck LFG your going to need it, everyone is onto your SCAM!

• Ro
      1st of Jul, 2010

pleas join to my group in facebook: lease finance group scam/fraud.
    we going to a public lawsuit pleas join to us and explain your situation
    on the group page.

• Ro
      1st of Jul, 2010

pleas join to my group in facebook: lease finance group scam/fraud.
    we going to a public lawsuit pleas join to us and explain your situation
    on the group page.

• Pe
      25th of May, 2011

I have same issue.
    I really want to ship device back.
    They keep over charging monthly amount.
    I'd like to know what happen if I send this junk device back to them and stop the payment.
    Maybe I have to file on BBB first then stop payment.
    I don't know what to do first thing.
    -Peter-